Bad grade in pre- med course , Help please. Any suggestion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Theresa Perry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Dears,
I am totally stressed out. I am now sophormore biology major. My classes plan were messed up for some reason. I took gen biology 1 in spring semester of Freshman year and get A- with the lab. After freshman year- summer, I took inorganic chem 1 lec and lab - got B- for lecture and A- for the lab. Again inorganic chem 2 lecture I got C- and Lab was A-. Both inganic chem with lab were taken in one summer. I was also working part time and I go to class every day. Since it is summer class, it was short and exam were only provide two and the final, No scale and no drop. I got some advise for my advisor and he told me to continue take Organic chem 1 with lab for following Fall. I got D in organic lecture and B in organic chem 1 lab. Also along with I take general bio 2 with lab and get a C+. Those all are the classes I have done for pre med. I got calculus 1 the grade B and taking calculus 2 now. My question is what should i do for those bad grade? Should i retake inorganic chem 2 which i got C-? I am definately taking organic chem for incoming Fall semester. Anyone help me for advise? My school doesnt have pre med advisor so if anyone can feel my situtaion please help me. I really wanna go med school without any delay. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

DO schools have grade replacement. It will be difficult to be considered for MD but yes you should retake anything that is a C or lower with the belief you can get B+ or higher when you retake

Reactions: 1 user
Before you go the route of retaking, make sure you understand why you're trending downwards in grades. I would hold off taking the next organic chemistry until you understand organic chemistry 1 concepts at a level higher than a D...

Members don't see this ad :)
Seek out your school's education or learning center for help with learning styles, testing tasking skills and time mgt.

Hello Dears,
I am totally stressed out. I am now sophormore biology major. My classes plan were messed up for some reason. I took gen biology 1 in spring semester of Freshman year and get A- with the lab. After freshman year- summer, I took inorganic chem 1 lec and lab - got B- for lecture and A- for the lab. Again inorganic chem 2 lecture I got C- and Lab was A-. Both inganic chem with lab were taken in one summer. I was also working part time and I go to class every day. Since it is summer class, it was short and exam were only provide two and the final, No scale and no drop. I got some advise for my advisor and he told me to continue take Organic chem 1 with lab for following Fall. I got D in organic lecture and B in organic chem 1 lab. Also along with I take general bio 2 with lab and get a C+. Those all are the classes I have done for pre med. I got calculus 1 the grade B and taking calculus 2 now. My question is what should i do for those bad grade? Should i retake inorganic chem 2 which i got C-? I am definately taking organic chem for incoming Fall semester. Anyone help me for advise? My school doesnt have pre med advisor so if anyone can feel my situtaion please help me. I really wanna go med school without any delay. thanks!

Thanks guys for suggestions. Yes. I might need to change my study habit and concentration in class. I am Really easy to lost concentration.

Another question is what do you think about I should retake inorganic chem lecture with the Grade of C- ? And the organic chem with the grade of D? I m sure I need to retake organic chem 1 to get better grade. What do you guys think about inorganic chem 1 with grade of B- and inorganic chem 2 with grade of C- which i took in last summer? Should i Repeat both inorganic chem 2 and organic chem 1 OR just repeat the organic chem 1 with (D) ? Sry..i m too confused.

Thanks guys for suggestions. Yes. I might need to change my study habit and concentration in class. I am Really easy to lost concentration.

Another question is what do you think about I should retake inorganic chem lecture with the Grade of C- ? And the organic chem with the grade of D? I m sure I need to retake organic chem 1 to get better grade. What do you guys think about inorganic chem 1 with grade of B- and inorganic chem 2 with grade of C- which i took in last summer? Should i Repeat both inorganic chem 2 and organic chem 1 OR just repeat the organic chem 1 with (D) ? Sry..i m too confused.

By inorganic chem, do you mean gen chem (like a 100-level introductory chemistry course)? Your best bet is to retake anything C or lower (C+ is iffy, but B- or above is fine as it is).

So by that, it's better for you to retake both inorganic chem 2 and organic chem 1. If you're tight in schedule, just retake organic chem 1, since the D is definitely holding you back a lot more than a C-.

Seek out your school's education or learning center for help with learning styles, testing tasking skills and time mgt.

Definitely recommend this hands down. This will help identify and remedy the current problems here and to avert possible upcoming disasters.