About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Bad semester. :(

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Osteopathic [ DO ]' started by pjradzi, Feb 13, 2011.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. pjradzi

pjradzi Can't Read My Poker Face

Pre-Medical

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I'm going to college on an academic scholarship, and I usually get As and Bs in my science and elective courses, but this past fall semester was terrible. I was dealing with some personal problems at the time and taking some very difficult prereqs, so I ended up with a C+ in Physics Lab II, a C in Organic Chemistry I, and a C in an elective course. My overall GPA tanked to a 3.32 and my sGPA down to a 3.27. (Thank goodness that I got a B in Physics II Lecture and an A- in Chinese, otherwise I would have a much worse GPA and sGPA values)

I'm taking 13 credits this semester (I took 16 last semester) so I can recover my GPA. I'm planning to retake Organic Chemistry I next fall and Physics Lab II subsequently after that (when the TA I took it with is gone; he was just terrible). Looking back, I should have used the Pass/Fail or Withdrawal options on those classes so I could have somewhat saved my GPA and sGPA.

I was wondering how a bad semester would hurt my chances into medical school, especially around the Boston area. Any advice? :(
  2. pjradzi

pjradzi Can't Read My Poker Face

Pre-Medical
    I just realized I've posted this on the wrong forum...excuse my mistake. :smack: