Band

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

84lep48

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, just wondering if things like marching band/jazz band counts for EC. i ask becuase i do recieve credit for the course (very minimal) but a credit nonetheless and i know EC shouldnt be apart of school but marching band takes up half my life with reharsals and football games and such and it really is a strong hobby of mines. so i was just wondering if it is a possible EC

Members don't see this ad.

What school? Is it a big time football program?

Hello, just wondering if things like marching band/jazz band counts for EC. i ask becuase i do recieve credit for the course (very minimal) but a credit nonetheless and i know EC shouldnt be apart of school but marching band takes up half my life with reharsals and football games and such and it really is a strong hobby of mines. so i was just wondering if it is a possible EC

University of Hawaii, i suppose espcially in recent years and this year this football teams has picked up a lot of momentum

Members don't see this ad :)
Nobody watches them play. Supposedly Colt Brennen is really good, but nobody ever pays attention. I was thinking more like traditional powerhouses.

University of Hawaii, i suppose espcially in recent years and this year this football teams has picked up a lot of momentum

yeah, their still pretty new on the espn scene, well see what happens with that. but getting back to the EC's would you say it's worth putting down?

forget marching band and take concert/symphonic band
much less involvement

it is an EC if you are spending more time on it than the class/course requires.

i put it down on my amcas and actually got good comments about it in my interviews at Baylor and Michigan. (its a good segue into college football chatting---most culturally competent doctors love college football)

I did marching band for a year, and symphonic band every other year in college. I think I counted it as ECs. I forget though... too long.

UH had a good band teacher when I was in high school, she came over the first year we had the Hula Bowl on Maui, and worked with the combined high school Hula Bowl marching band, and when my high school went over for some competition in 98.