Barry U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovefeet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in applying to Barry.
Interested in getting feedback about the pros and cons of the school that you cant find on the school website.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Barry is an awesome school. They have a fellowship for sports podiatry thats the only accredited sports podiatry program in the US if that interest you. If you lurk around on the forums for long enough you get to see that the general consensus is that all the schools are offer the same academic opportunities. It truly lies on how you go about things during your 4 years at pod school which corresponds to how successful you're going to be in the future. The only con I found at barry is that the nice weather will distract you from some vital study time

Members don't see this ad :)
thats the only accredited sports podiatry program in the US

Dr. Losito is first and foremost a great guy. People love him and there is good reason. At least that is my opinion from my brief encounters with him. I don't think you will hear much different from anyone else.

But to clarify, if by accredited you mean by the CPME then yes, it is. But there are ACFAS approved fellowships in sports med in Seattle and Palo Alto. We can talk about why CPME accreditation may actually be a bad thing but that is beside the point. I think it would help to land Losito's fellowship if you went to Barry (a lot of opportunity to interact/work with him), but don't think it is the ONLY chance you have to get extra training in sports med.

:)

Last edited:
Oh that's awesome to hear!
Thanks for all the feedback guys.

For those who are currently attending the school, how long are class days? and how many hours do u typically dedicate per week studying?

Dr. Losito is first and foremost a great guy. People love him and there is good reason. At least that is my opinion from my brief encounters with him. I don't think you will hear much different from anyone else.

But to clarify, if by accredited you mean by the CPME then yes, it is. But there are ACFAS approved fellowships in sports med in Seattle and Palo Alto. We can talk about why CPME accreditation may actually be a bad thing but that is beside the point. I think it would help to land Losito's fellowship if you went to Barry (a lot of opportunity to interact/work with him), but don't think it is the ONLY chance you have to get extra training in sports med.

OH MY GOD!!!
He's the Team Podiatrist for the Miami Heat.
I AM SOLD!!! I WANNA MEET HIM!!!!

Barry is awesome and Dr Losito is more awesome. Life was good in Miami. I would definitely go there again, especially after talking with many students/residents about the schools they went to.

Barry is awesome and Dr Losito is more awesome. Life was good in Miami. I would definitely go there again, especially after talking with many students/residents about the schools they went to.

that's good to hear!
can you tell me a bit about your experience there?
was it hard to find a job after med school?
where do u currently work now? (state wise)

sorry if I'm bombarding you with questions!