Based on Kaplan FL score, should I take May 22nd or cancel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xc_stallion92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Dude, pay no attention to your Kaplan score. Out of every practice exam I've taken (EK,TPR,AAMC,Kaplan) I believe Kaplan is definitely the hardest, and not even representative of the real exam.

How'd you on the AAMC Practice test/official guide?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When you take that test, especially that test...try and stimulate testing conditions to the T!!

Breaks on break time only, phone away and off, no calculator to help in a tight squeeze! You want to really see whatcha got!!

Pay a good amount to your timing and pacing too! Such a key element most people just think "ehhh I'll make sure to be fine" and then they end up with only minutes left with multiples sections to go

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey, don't know if anyone will see this, but I took the AAMC practice test today. I found it much easier than the Kaplan test, but I was a little discouraged by the amount of genetics material on the bio section (one of the only bio courses I haven't taken). Anyways, I think I did decent. Percentage correct are 85% chem/phys, 89% CARS, 76% bio, 81% psych, compared to the Kaplan test where I got 60%, 77%, 80%, 61%. Did worse in bio so that's rough.

Your scores are solid, but as always you wanna try and get them as high as possible! Nice work and keep practicing!!!! It really is an absolute shame there's only 1 AAMC FL

Thanks for all the advice. I think I will go ahead and take it next week, I felt pretty comfortable with this one and that way I'll have the option to take it more than once if I need to. Gonna grind genetics and hormone pathways this week.

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about genetics if I was you...Just know basics and how to do a cross or 2 if asked.