Based on this email, would you assume I have been accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slopples

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got the following email, name and stuff edited out, and I thought it was just the normal interview process. But after rereading it, it sounds like I have been accepted? How would you interpret it?

Duquesne University's Mylan School of Pharmacy is hosting an interview day on April 25, 2014 at 10:00 a.m., and we would like to invite you to participate as part of your admission process to the Weekend Doctor of Pharmacy Program.
Our interview is a group exercise, recorded for later evaluation by professional psychologists. The interview itself lasts one hour, followed by an information session with Dr. David Tipton, Director of the Weekend Program, and Dr. Kathleen DeRose, Assistant Director of the Weekend Program. During the information session, you'll get to ask any questions you might have about the program, and meet some of the folks with whom you'll interact while in the program. Your time with us would be approximately 2-3 hours. Lunch is provided.
Please let us know if you can attend the April 25th interview day. If so, we will send a confirmation to you, along with travel and parking information.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
Admission Team

Members don't see this ad.

It appears you have been invites to an interview. So upon completion of an interview usually acceptances are sent out after.

I so have a question though. It is what the hell is a weekend program?

Reactions: 1 users
there are classes only on sats and suns, perfectly for those who have part-time or full-time jobs from local.

Members don't see this ad :)
It appears you have been invites to an interview. So upon completion of an interview usually acceptances are sent out after.

I so have a question though. It is what the hell is a weekend program?

Must be in between an online and 3 year program.

It is actually a 4 year program that has courses on the weekends all year round with normal rotation schedule. You must have Bachelors that meets the prerequisites for the normal PharmD program though.

I am not sure where in that email one confuses admissions acceptance with an invitation to interview... it is most certainly the latter.

Reactions: 2 users
So I got the following email, name and stuff edited out, and I thought it was just the normal interview process. But after rereading it, it sounds like I have been accepted? How would you interpret it?
Duquesne University's Mylan School of Pharmacy is hosting an interview day on April 25, 2014 at 10:00 a.m., and we would like to invite you to participate as part of your admission process to the Weekend Doctor of Pharmacy Program.
Our interview is a group exercise, recorded for later evaluation by professional psychologists. The interview itself lasts one hour, followed by an information session with Dr. David Tipton, Director of the Weekend Program, and Dr. Kathleen DeRose, Assistant Director of the Weekend Program. During the information session, you'll get to ask any questions you might have about the program, and meet some of the folks with whom you'll interact while in the program. Your time with us would be approximately 2-3 hours. Lunch is provided.
Please let us know if you can attend the April 25th interview day. If so, we will send a confirmation to you, along with travel and parking information.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
Admission Team

It is actually a 4 year program that has courses on the weekends all year round with normal rotation schedule. You must have Bachelors that meets the prerequisites for the normal PharmD program though.

your posts are more confusing than the email imho :)

there is no where in the email saying that you have been accepted. Where did you get that hint ??

so there is a 4-year PharmD program which has classes on weekend (and requires what degree?) and there is "normal" PharmD (4 or 3 year program ?? I am not sure which one is more normal though :) ) which requires a bachelor degree for admission ??

What the....an all weekend school that lets your work full time...and graduate with a PharmD? Talk about a sweet deal? What is it like....24 hour weekend sessions....?