Program-Specific Info / Q's Bay Path University MOT Applicants- 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D.Angelina

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when we should expect decision letters?

Members don't see this ad.

I got mine on Wednesday! I'm not sure yet if I'll be attending.

Really? How long did it take to get a response? (I applied kind of late) and why don't you think you'll go, if you don't mind me asking?

Feel free to PM me if you're more comfortable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really? How long did it take to get a response? (I applied kind of late) and why don't you think you'll go, if you don't mind me asking?

Feel free to PM me if you're more comfortable.
I'm not sure but I think I finished the application just before Christmas.

As far as not being sure, I'm in at another school that's higher on my list and Bay Path is a lot further from home than the other program...BUT it's also a lot cheaper (and a year shorter as the other program is an OTD). I have a lot of people I need to discuss with, so we will see where I end up.

Best of luck and I hope you hear good news soon!!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure but I think I finished the application just before Christmas.

As far as not being sure, I'm in at another school that's higher on my list and Bay Path is a lot further from home than the other program...BUT it's also a lot cheaper (and a year shorter as the other program is an OTD). I have a lot of people I need to discuss with, so we will see where I end up.

Best of luck and I hope you hear good news soon!!

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats? And did they email you or mail you the acceptance letter?

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats? And did they email you or mail you the acceptance letter?
Thanks!
GPA is around 3.8 GRE was 158/158/4.5. I have quite a few extra curriculars and some experience as a health aide as well. I got the letter via email!

Those are great stats. I applied long before, back in November. I hope I hear back soon with some good news, since it is my first choice. Waiting for your life to change is not easy!

Those are great stats. I applied long before, back in November. I hope I hear back soon with some good news, since it is my first choice. Waiting for your life to change is not easy!
Thanks! Can I ask why it's your top choice? I'm trying to weigh my options an your input would help!

Thanks! Can I ask why it's your top choice? I'm trying to weigh my options an your input would help!

Sure. It’s dependent on every individual, their situation, and what they are looking for. As for me, I care more about quality than quantity. I’m not looking for big named schools or massive lecture halls or a program where you go missing in the crowd. Nor do I care about the tuition as much as I care about the program itself. After working in healthcare for so long and shadowing experienced OT’s, I’ve realized the importance of the education and training you actually receive from the program itself. You want to be well prepared for the bigger picture, when you are actually out there in the real world as a certified OT. So that all develops from where you get your training and education from. I look at OT school like my career. Just like how you want your coworkers and patients to know you and feel comfortable with you, you want your professors and mentors to know who you are, too. You want to feel like you are a part of something special, where you can be yourself and work well in group settings. After visiting Bay Path and meeting the advisors, staff and reviewing their curriculum, I truly believe the program is the exact environment that I am personally looking for. It isn’t exactly close to where I live, and a bit of a drive, but it is worth it. I won’t take any opportunity to become an OT lightly, especially from their program. Sorry for the length, but I hope this feedback helps. What other schools have you applied to and are waiting on?

Sure. It’s dependent on every individual, their situation, and what they are looking for. As for me, I care more about quality than quantity. I’m not looking for big named schools or massive lecture halls or a program where you go missing in the crowd. Nor do I care about the tuition as much as I care about the program itself. After working in healthcare for so long and shadowing experienced OT’s, I’ve realized the importance of the education and training you actually receive from the program itself. You want to be well prepared for the bigger picture, when you are actually out there in the real world as a certified OT. So that all develops from where you get your training and education from. I look at OT school like my career. Just like how you want your coworkers and patients to know you and feel comfortable with you, you want your professors and mentors to know who you are, too. You want to feel like you are a part of something special, where you can be yourself and work well in group settings. After visiting Bay Path and meeting the advisors, staff and reviewing their curriculum, I truly believe the program is the exact environment that I am personally looking for. It isn’t exactly close to where I live, and a bit of a drive, but it is worth it. I won’t take any opportunity to become an OT lightly, especially from their program. Sorry for the length, but I hope this feedback helps. What other schools have you applied to and are waiting on?
Ahh, I wish I was closer and it was more plausible for me to go visit. I was rejected at Kansas Medical Center, waitlisted at Toledo, accepted at Creighton University, and am waiting to hear back from St. Catherine and Colorado State

Ahh, I wish I was closer and it was more plausible for me to go visit. I was rejected at Kansas Medical Center, waitlisted at Toledo, accepted at Creighton University, and am waiting to hear back from St. Catherine and Colorado State
They have a new medical center, which you can look at on their website. They don't work with the PA students at all, from what I've gathered from a friend that goes there. Just don't live on campus if you can avoid it. They have weird policies for male guests.

I received an acceptance email today. I'm pretty sure I will be attending :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Haha I had everything in at the end of December, except for my resume which I submitted the first week of January. I did the financial aid webinar back in December too.

Received my acceptance today as well! I'm almost certain that I will be attending; looking forward to meeting everyone :D.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! Haha I had everything in at the end of December, except for my resume which I submitted the first week of January. I did the financial aid webinar back in December too.

Was the financial aid webinar helpful? I wanted to do it but I always have class during the time.

I received my acceptance a few weeks ago after emailing Maggie my updated transcript. I was surprised I was notified so soon because she told me to look for an email between March-May. I'm sure they are still going through all the applications still so I am sure you will hear something soon :)

Was the financial aid webinar helpful? I wanted to do it but I always have class during the time.
It was pretty helpful to know how much it'll cost and everything. I think it also helped because Maggie called me the next day to answer some of the questions that I had asked during it, so if there is another one and you have time, you should try to do it :)

Hi everyone! I also got my acceptance via email in January, and I am almost positive I will be attending! I am so excited. I watched the financial webinar too, but didn't think it really said much.

I got my acceptance letter yesterday, and I am not sure if I will be attending. I visited the campus but I don't know much about the area or student life. Definitely my favorite OT school in the connecticut/mass area!

I got my acceptance letter yesterday, and I am not sure if I will be attending. I visited the campus but I don't know much about the area or student life. Definitely my favorite OT school in the connecticut/mass area!
My friend goes to Bay Path. I decided not to apply because there don't seem to be a lot of research opportunities and I think the class is kind of large?

Anyway, Springfield isn't the best city (pretty poor and without much interesting culture) but Northampton (25 min away?) has a lot going on for a town of its size from all the great colleges in the area. Providence is 1.5 hours, and it's a great city for its size as well. Artsy because of RISD/Brown, and with some good restaurants. I've been told to visit during Waterfire in the summer.

The Big E is in West Springfield and there's a Six Flags nearby.

Did you visit Springfield College? I applied, but I'm 95% sure I'm going to another program at this point, even if I get in. An OT I shadowed went there, and while he didn't mind it there, he mentioned there wasn't much research going on in OT, either.

Anyway, I hope this helps a bit!

Edit: I should mention that if you're considering living in campus, my friend got stuck in the same building as freshmen, and supposedly they have pretty strict policies on men in the dorms.

Last edited:
My friend goes to Bay Path. I decided not to apply because there don't seem to be a lot of research opportunities and I think the class is kind of large?

Anyway, Springfield isn't the best city (pretty poor and without much interesting culture) but Northampton (25 min away?) has a lot going on for a town of its size from all the great colleges in the area. Providence is 1.5 hours, and it's a great city for its size as well. Artsy because of RISD/Brown, and with some good restaurants. I've been told to visit during Waterfire in the summer.

The Big E is in West Springfield and there's a Six Flags nearby.

Did you visit Springfield College? I applied, but I'm 95% sure I'm going to another program at this point, even if I get in. An OT I shadowed went there, and while he didn't mind it there, he mentioned there wasn't much research going on in OT, either.

Anyway, I hope this helps a bit!

Edit: I should mention that if you're considering living in campus, my friend got stuck in the same building as freshmen, and supposedly they have pretty strict policies on men in the dorms.

Yes, I also applied to Springfield. I definitely be a commuter if I go to Bay Path. Thanks for all the useful information! any info helps with me making a more informed decision

Hi everyone! I also got my acceptance via email in January, and I am almost positive I will be attending! I am so excited. I watched the financial webinar too, but didn't think it really said much.
Did it just talk about fafsa? I'm not sure if I should skip class next month for it or just talk to the person in charge.

Accepted but declining, so that will open up a spot for someone else! Good luck!

Accepted but declining, so that will open up a spot for someone else! Good luck!

Any particular reason why you will be declining? I am deciding between a few schools right now and Bay Path is one of them.

Did it just talk about fafsa? I'm not sure if I should skip class next month for it or just talk to the person in charge.
It mainly talked about fafsa and loans available to grad students, but there was a part at the end where you could ask specific questions. They told me that on average, students take out $90k in loans to attend. There was about thirty minutes where she took questions, so it might be faster to just call them and not watch the presentation if you know what you want to ask.

Any particular reason why you will be declining? I am deciding between a few schools right now and Bay Path is one of them.
I honestly never had a strong interest in Bay Path. I never visited and applied there as a back up, so I don't know much about the program at all. So I'm not the best person to ask for advice on this, I'm sorry!

I've received acceptances at a few OTD programs and think the OTD makes more sense to pursue. The programs I am considering are also highly ranked and have world-renowned faculty, research opportunities, and fieldwork at top facilities, which are all very important factors to me.

I just got accepted into Bay Path! I'm still processing this, but super excited and grateful to be getting this chance. Good luck to you in whatever decision you make and with the rest of the schools :)

Congratulations! :) Are you from the area? I'm from California, and haven't had a chance to see the campus or the area at all.

Congratulations! :) Are you from the area? I'm from California, and haven't had a chance to see the campus or the area at all.
I'm from Indiana so I haven't been able to see the campus or area either! I think the first time I'll be able to head out there is in May for the orientation thing, but from the video I watched the new building looks awesome.

Thank you! I'm from New York City, and I've only seen the campus one time and even then, I only went to the Health Science Center, and took a drive around the area for a little bit. Since I am new to the town, I didn't know where to go so I took a drive around the main campus. It was quiet and for a city girl, I had a small town vibe, which is nice. The people I met were really friendly, and I care more about who I'm around anyway. I need to find a place to live, is any one looking for housing or roomates? Also, anyone know the steps to taking out loans and financial aid? Sorry for the questions, I'm new to this grad life and it's a little scary having to figure all this out in just 4 months. I'm not getting any financial help and will be paying for my own tuition, and since I'll be doing the program as a full time student, I won't be working. I need as much advice and help as possible :)

I'm from Indiana so I haven't been able to see the campus or area either! I think the first time I'll be able to head out there is in May for the orientation thing, but from the video I watched the new building looks awesome.

I'll be joining you for the May 20th orientation, too!

I'll be joining you for the May 20th orientation, too!
I'm hoping to get out in May too! I'm also confused about the financial aid and loans, haha. I just did my taxes, so I was going to try to do FAFSA today, but I've never taken that much out in loans for school before, so I'm not sure of the process either. For the housing situation, I also need a place to live. I've looked around at places around there, and they're really expensive because I think they expect students to be splitting the rent.

I'm hoping to get out in May too! I'm also confused about the financial aid and loans, haha. I just did my taxes, so I was going to try to do FAFSA today, but I've never taken that much out in loans for school before, so I'm not sure of the process either. For the housing situation, I also need a place to live. I've looked around at places around there, and they're really expensive because I think they expect students to be splitting the rent.

You and I are in the same situation, I am planning on doing my taxes this weekend just to apply for FAFSA. I think sometime this week I'll try to give a few phone calls to figure out how it all begins, as I've never taken out this many loans for anything in my life either hahaha. This will be worth it, we just gotta find out how to do it. I'm sure we aren't the only ones paying for our own graduate school tuition. I also need enough money to pay for gas, housing, etc, so I'm sure you are in that same boat.

You and I are in the same situation, I am planning on doing my taxes this weekend just to apply for FAFSA. I think sometime this week I'll try to give a few phone calls to figure out how it all begins, as I've never taken out this many loans for anything in my life either hahaha. This will be worth it, we just gotta find out how to do it. I'm sure we aren't the only ones paying for our own graduate school tuition. I also need enough money to pay for gas, housing, etc, so I'm sure you are in that same boat.

I am also in the same boat! I live in South Jersey so I have not been up to visit yet but I am planning to. I was looking into housing so I could look a little while I was up there and it seems kind of pricey. I also have no idea about loans, ect either so I am hoping to get some help from their financial aid office.

Yes! So many loans! haha I'm trying to figure out how much money to take out for living expenses too. I don't want to take out too much, but I won't be working either so it's scary. But it will be worth it :)

Yes! So many loans! haha I'm trying to figure out how much money to take out for living expenses too. I don't want to take out too much, but I won't be working either so it's scary. But it will be worth it :)

It is so scary. I think until we speak to someone in financial aid, things will still be unknown to us. I want to make sure that the financial aid will cover my living expenses. I'm glad I'm not alone though and I'm not the only new gal in town!

Reactions: 2 users
I am also in the same boat! I live in South Jersey so I have not been up to visit yet but I am planning to. I was looking into housing so I could look a little while I was up there and it seems kind of pricey. I also have no idea about loans, ect either so I am hoping to get some help from their financial aid office.

South Jersey, that's not that much farther from me in Queens, but you are closer to Bay Path so that's good. Maybe we can all meet up at orientation on May 20th.

I am from New Jersey as well and am going to need to find a place to live too! A friend of mine went to Bay Path and is currently doing her fieldwork, she gave me some tips on places to live that are close to campus as well as not too pricey, especially if the cost was split!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I am from New Jersey as well and am going to need to find a place to live too! A friend of mine went to Bay Path and is currently doing her fieldwork, she gave me some tips on places to live that are close to campus as well as not too pricey, especially if the cost was split!
I've heard Bigelow Commons is supposed to be nice. Did she live in Massachusetts or Connecticut? I keep looking at both

I just looked up Bigelow Commons, they do look nice! Her apartment was in Springfield, Massachusetts called Parkview Apartments.

South Jersey, that's not that much farther from me in Queens, but you are closer to Bay Path so that's good. Maybe we can all meet up at orientation on May 20th.

That would be great! This is all really nerve wracking but exciting for sure!

I've heard Bigelow Commons is supposed to be nice. Did she live in Massachusetts or Connecticut? I keep looking at both

I keep looking at both too, and it would def be cheaper rooming and sharing a place with others. Especially easier from the same program. I think that's the best way for newcomers during this transition.

I keep looking at both too, and it would def be cheaper rooming and sharing a place with others. Especially easier from the same program. I think that's the best way for newcomers during this transition.
I talked to Maggie about that too and she said that if you have roommates from school, they put you in all the same classes :)

I talked to Maggie about that too and she said that if you have roommates from school, they put you in all the same classes :)

I also talked to Maggie and she recommended a place in Enfield, CT. Since I am not from the area she also gave me other cities to look at but told me to stay out of Springfield, MA. even tho its close. She also told me that there will be a forum created for all of us to find roommates but I am not sure when that is! But I agree it will be cheaper to room together and it will help us study :)

Maybe we should create a facebook page for all of us to get to know each other better & find roommates quicker? I am not sure when the forum is going to be created that Maggie told me about.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes! thats the one Maggie recommended to me and said thats where majority of the OT students live. I really like what they offer!!