Program-Specific Info / Q's Bay Path University MOT Applicants- 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! I'm from New York City, and I've only seen the campus one time and even then, I only went to the Health Science Center, and took a drive around the area for a little bit. Since I am new to the town, I didn't know where to go so I took a drive around the main campus. It was quiet and for a city girl, I had a small town vibe, which is nice. The people I met were really friendly, and I care more about who I'm around anyway. I need to find a place to live, is any one looking for housing or roomates? Also, anyone know the steps to taking out loans and financial aid? Sorry for the questions, I'm new to this grad life and it's a little scary having to figure all this out in just 4 months. I'm not getting any financial help and will be paying for my own tuition, and since I'll be doing the program as a full time student, I won't be working. I need as much advice and help as possible :)
I'm looking for roommates and housing!! But I am also lost on the whole financial aid area. I was thinking about calling someone from that department sometime soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Since we don't know when Maggie is going to create the forum, and if everyone is getting as anxious as I am maybe we should start a facebook group! I can start it if everyone who wants to be in it can inbox me there facebook names! Or if not everyone has a facebook we can start an email thread? I feel as though a lot of us are coming from out of the state and it will be easier to figure this all out together!

Reactions: 1 users
Since we don't know when Maggie is going to create the forum, and if everyone is getting as anxious as I am maybe we should start a facebook group! I can start it if everyone who wants to be in it can inbox me there facebook names! Or if not everyone has a facebook we can start an email thread? I feel as though a lot of us are coming from out of the state and it will be easier to figure this all out together!

That's a great idea, thanks for initiating it. Check your inbox for my Facebook name.

Members don't see this ad :)
Perfect!! Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I also talked to Maggie and she recommended a place in Enfield, CT. Since I am not from the area she also gave me other cities to look at but told me to stay out of Springfield, MA. even tho its close. She also told me that there will be a forum created for all of us to find roommates but I am not sure when that is! But I agree it will be cheaper to room together and it will help us study :)

I spoke to Maggie yesterday, and she gave me those exact same details. I agree. Let's start a Facebook and help each other out through the process, so we can transition easier together.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe we should create a facebook page for all of us to get to know each other better & find roommates quicker? I am not sure when the forum is going to be created that Maggie told me about.

I'm new to this website too, and I sadly can't figure out how to privately inbox people without starting a new conversation :(

Omg! I got in, I am so excited... and nervous at the same time, lol. I am also coming from NY and my head is already spinning about the housing, loans, and the moving. But I know it will all be worth it. Please share the details about the Facebook group when it is up and running!

Omg! I got in, I am so excited... and nervous at the same time, lol. I am also coming from NY and my head is already spinning about the housing, loans, and the moving. But I know it will all be worth it. Please share the details about the Facebook group when it is up and running!
Yay!! Congrats!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Maybe we should create a facebook page for all of us to get to know each other better & find roommates quicker? I am not sure when the forum is going to be created that Maggie told me about.
That's a good idea! The forum might take a while, I think she said it won't be until May or sometime around then.

@ot1992 if you want me to add you to the Facebook page feel free to inbox me your Facebook name! I started one already with a few people

Hi! I'm currently an OT student at Bay Path (I was in your shoes this time last year)!! If anyone is still looking for housing, I live in an apartment complex about 9 minutes from the Health Science Center & love it... I was super nervous about finding housing in the Springfield area & ended up on the border of Longmeadow & Springfield, near Forest Park. Feel free to PM me if anyone wants more info!! & congrats on getting in & good luck to everyone still waiting to hear :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, so what's everyone's status as far as attending the OT program for Bay Path 2016? Anyone else also looking for roommates? If so, email me! :)

Hi guys! I'm a current OT student at Bay Path. Any questions feel free to message me! I live in Bigelow Commons, too, if you had any questions about that. Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I will be attending Bay path too in August and I am from out of state as well. Can I be involved in the group on Facebook? I don't know anyone so it would be nice to get to know some people before I get up there.

I came across this thread and I am currently in the process of applying to Bay Path. I was wondering how you guys like the program so far?

I was wondering if anyone attending Bay Path now could give me some insight on the program and if you like it so far? I recently got accepted and I am trying to decide between schools.