Baylor Supplemental Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimothy_777

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just finishing up my last supplemental, for Baylor. I have a question I thought I'd poll the crowd on. They ask the classic question of why Baylor / a Texas Dental school. Being OOS (out of country even), is it fairly obvious that a big reason I'm applying is for the long shot of getting in and paying soooo much less tuition?

I had a thought that I could acknowledge this fact, tactfully. Ie) I am looking for a dental school that makes sense financially, considering I will graduate 10 years older than my classmates.

Is this a bad idea? I appreciate your thoughts...Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure that is going to be every person's OOS answer. Just food for thought.

Yes - so does everyone actually mention it? Do I look like I'm dancing around the obvious if I don't acknowledge it? Or do I look silly if I do mention it since it is stating the obvious? That is my question..

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should write what you want - and if you approach the subject maturely, like it sounds like you're doing, you should be fine. :) If you think you would like living in Texas, I'm sure you could talk about that as well.

Where do you see this question?
I don't see this essay question anywhere on the supplemental application?

It's question #27 on the BCD Primary application. Anything beyond the AADSAS application is supplemental in my mind so if you're from Texas this may just be the only primary required(?).

Reactions: 1 user