Baylor Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usmanc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know anything about the Baylor waitlist? I received the first waitlist email and accepted my spot. What are the chances of being accepted off the waitlist? Do a lot of students usually drop and free up spots around this time?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, does anyone know anything about the Baylor waitlist? I received the first waitlist email and accepted my spot. What are the chances of being accepted off the waitlist? Do a lot of students usually drop and free up spots around this time?
Baylor, being a cheap Texas school, is highly coveted and is one of those schools where the class fills up outright. Now there is "always a chance" of being selected off the waitlist but it is slim to none since everyone and their grandma wants to attend.

Pretty sure baylor's waitlist is not moving up anytime soon until another person gets into Houston.

Members don't see this ad :)
He means that if a person thats accepted to Baylor receives an acceptance from Houston, they might drop Baylor and go to Houston.

Baylor, being a cheap Texas school, is highly coveted and is one of those schools where the class fills up outright. Now there is "always a chance" of being selected off the waitlist but it is slim to none since everyone and their grandma wants to attend.

I don't this this is accurate at all. When I was at the second look event recently, I talked to multiple people that were still considering other schools. Many were undecided between Baylor and UTSW and also there were plenty of OOS applicants that had acceptances to other great school out of state. I think the vast majority of the movement will occur at the beginning of May since April 30th is the deadline to hold multiple acceptances at schools. So I would not be completely discouraged since I was informed that although it varies from year to year, there is definitely waitlist movement :)

Edit: I'm sorry, I thought I saw this on the pre-medical forum! My bad. I'm still hoping some of what I said applies but I can't claim to know anything about how dental school works :oops::oops:

I don't this this is accurate at all. When I was at the second look event recently, I talked to multiple people that were still considering other schools. Many were undecided between Baylor and UTSW and also there were plenty of OOS applicants that had acceptances to other great school out of state. I think the vast majority of the movement will occur at the beginning of May since April 30th is the deadline to hold multiple acceptances at schools. So I would not be completely discouraged since I was informed that although it varies from year to year, there is definitely waitlist movement :)

Edit: I'm sorry, I thought I saw this on the pre-medical forum! My bad. I'm still hoping some of what I said applies but I can't claim to know anything about how dental school works :oops::oops:
You claim can go into the D file.