Bcp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaba

S.mutans
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have had great marks in biology but when it comes to chemistry it is very very low. Also my physics was extremely low since I took everything by mistake in my 1st year (weed out years). So my question is, would it be suggested to take a biochemistry course to at least raise my chemistry mark? Anything with "biology" in it I am great at and I know I can do well in. Additionally, lets say your BCP is very low (due to chemistry and physics) but the remainder of the 3 years have been high marks? What i'm trying to say is, do pre-reqs play a larger role compared marks in higher level courses?

sorry this is kinda rushed, i have to leave now..
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

how low are we talking?

generally, prereqs are important in terms of your success in them, but if you show a marked improvement in your upper bcp classes, it can only help you.

i would def take upper year bcp classes in order to buffer that gpa and show that you can do it. good luck.

mlle said:
how low are we talking?

generally, prereqs are important in terms of your success in them, but if you show a marked improvement in your upper bcp classes, it can only help you.

i would def take upper year bcp classes in order to buffer that gpa and show that you can do it. good luck.

I took physics I and II, Chemistry I and II, calcullus I and II, statistics, beiology I and II and some other courses in 1st year. This was a horrible mistake because I was not mature enough at that time and i achieved just passing marks in each. However, more difficult courses such as molecular cell biology, evolution, genetics etc I range in the normal 75-84% range.... I am just worried that my first year will hurt me since I am a biology major and dont plan on taking any more chemistry courses or physics courses. Perhapse I should re-do them, but I just dont see the point since many of my other marks are really good.

just an insight
jaba.