Bcp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IzzyMarieDMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are Microbiology and Biochemistry grades averaged into your BCP gpa? or is BCP just like Chm I, II, and labs and Bio I, II and labs? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Any biology and chemistry and physics class is averaged into the BCP. the total science also takes into account geology and math classes

Members don't see this ad :)
Any biology and chemistry and physics class is averaged into the BCP. the total science also takes into account geology and math classes

ok but where do classes like anatomy or genetics go?

At my school (UNLV) those are all considered biology courses and carry a bio prefix. So they are part of the BCP. Anything coming out of the biology department would be considered in the BCP

anatomy and genetics = BCP

Thank God for that because my plain bio and chem grades suck so much. I averaged my BCP gpa and was ready to switch my major to dance or something, lol, no dental school for me. But I feel better now :) Thanks

biology any course taken in a biology department which is in someway related to biology
ie. on your transcript it says BIO 111 Advanced Microbiology - this is biology in BCP GPA
BUT if your transcript says PSY 222 Advanced Microbiology - this is not biology in your BCP GPA because it was not taken in the biology department. It could be used in calculation of Other Sciences GPA.

Same process for chemistry and Physics.

Thank God for that because my plain bio and chem grades suck so much. I averaged my BCP gpa and was ready to switch my major to dance or something, lol, no dental school for me. But I feel better now :) Thanks

i feel ya...my bio gpa still sucks... thank god for chem and physics... A's, babbyyyyy

jb!

ps..hear anything from UF yet, Izzy?

i feel ya...my bio gpa still sucks... thank god for chem and physics... A's, babbyyyyy

jb!

ps..hear anything from UF yet, Izzy?

I'm not applying til next cycle (which w/ my luck will be even more competitive than this one!) but u got an interview there right? That's awesome. They are so competitive I sometimes wish I had gone to UF for undergrad instead of here, I've heard they really favor their own students :eek:

biology any course taken in a biology department which is in someway related to biology
ie. on your transcript it says BIO 111 Advanced Microbiology - this is biology in BCP GPA
BUT if your transcript says PSY 222 Advanced Microbiology - this is not biology in your BCP GPA because it was not taken in the biology department. It could be used in calculation of Other Sciences GPA.

Same process for chemistry and Physics.

Thanks but how does that work b/c (for example) Micro is the same class no matter where u take it so technically the "content" is biology even if some schools call it something else so u think they would want to level the playing field????
...ughhh no me gusta AADSAS..... so many pointless things to become stressed about.

Thanks but how does that work b/c (for example) Micro is the same class no matter where u take it so technically the "content" is biology even if some schools call it something else so u think they would want to level the playing field????
...ughhh no me gusta AADSAS..... so many pointless things to become stressed about.

he gave a bad example. any biology class is biology...psychology would never offer a microbio class. for example, at fsu microbio has the prefix mcb and it's still considered a BCP class by AADSAS. don't get too stressed about listing courses.... it's really not as difficult as some on here make it to be. if you have any questions how to classify the courses you took at fsu send me a PM and i'll help you since i've already been through the process w/ no issues.

good luck,
jb!

he gave a bad example. any biology class is biology...psychology would never offer a microbio class. for example, at fsu microbio has the prefix mcb and it's still considered a BCP class by AADSAS. don't get too stressed about listing courses.... it's really not as difficult as some on here make it to be. if you have any questions how to classify the courses you took at fsu send me a PM and i'll help you since i've already been through the process w/ no issues.

good luck,
jb!

ok thanks I will