Bcps 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got my notification way over in the Pacific ocean. I passed! To those still waiting, may your wait be short.

Congrats newly minted BCPSers. Start writing your checks now :laugh:

Isn't it a huge relief? That was the worst - the test was awful, the studying was awful, the waiting was awful.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi all,

something doesnt seem right with what I received in the mail. can anyone please post a copy of what they received in the mail?

much appreciated, im freaking out and can't reach anyone over in DC

I passed!!!! Got in the mail in Florida yesterday, it was at the bottom of a pile of ads with other letters on top of the ads. I suspect my mailperson may have forgotten it yesterday.

Mine is just a single page letter with text and a breakdown on how I scored on each of the 3 domains. It is on bps letterhead. (This is for BCPS)

hey congrat to all who passed. unfortunately, i did not pass. :(
Can you tell me what material you used to study. I felt that the reivew book/ course did not really help me. felt questions were totally off the wall. :(
please PM me with any advice/pointer!

Recieved my results today in asia... Congrats to all here who passed and for those who didn't, I'm sure you can do it next year!!!

Hi! I passed! but I was wondering if there was a website to see the names of everyone who is board certified. I thought there was one, but I can't seem to find it.

its on the bps website, theres a link on the home page to search for bcps, bcop, etc. I don't think the certifications actually start until jan 2012 so they may not show up yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I passed! but I was wondering if there was a website to see the names of everyone who is board certified. I thought there was one, but I can't seem to find it.

Last year's list was up late Dec 2010, so I expect the same this year..

I am in Alabama. My colleague got her BCPS results today and passed.
I took the BCOP and did not receive my letter. Did anyone take the BCOP get their results yet?

Got my BCOP results today (Washington state). Unfortunately, I didn't pass :( but I'll try again next year.

did everybody get thier results yet? Congratulations to all who passed. still no word on this end.. By the way any body know about the hand scoring request?? how does that work.. anybody heard anything abt that?

Hiii..
I live in the middle east and I didn't get my results yet..
Fingers crossed :confused:

Congrats to all who passed ..:D:):):)

Looks like the BCPS pass rate was higher this year than other years. Not sure I'd want to take nutrition, onc or rad!

Hiii..
I live in the middle east and I didn't get my results yet..
Fingers crossed :confused:

Congrats to all who passed ..:D:):):)

Recieved an email today saying that for those who haven't recieved their results yet, BPS will email them their results if they request for it.

Will those of you who passed the Pharmacotherapy BCPS exam please post what they used to review? I am thinking that the review book just isn't enough. Please respond. Thanks so much!!

Jacque

Will those of you who passed the Pharmacotherapy BCPS exam please post what they used to review? I am thinking that the review book just isn't enough. Please respond. Thanks so much!!

Jacque

Honestly, I felt that memorizing the Prep Course book was sufficient to pass, esp. being an Asian, rote memorization is our bread and butter since preschool. But passing in that way is pointless if we do not understand the principles/evidence behind the practice. I would cross reference what I study in the Prep course with Dipiro as it goes into detail into theory and evidence of practice.

Also, having teaching rounds is extremely helpful. And for those who lack discipline like me, a study group, even an online one, is helpful.

Thank you guys..I got my results yesterday in the middle east.. and I passed too :):)
About the study material, I used the Pharmacotherapy review course. Yes it wasn't enough, but it will give you 50% of what you need to know. You will need the internet to figure out the rest. Online, I used the Uptodate service ( which requires some annual fees to register ) and lots of Youtube videos on certain diagnostic tests and diseases.

Good Luck to all .. :)

Jacque

stmpndoc,

The only materials I used to study were the gigantic review book from BPS and my own stats notes from pharmacy school (I wasn't crazy about the stats chapters in the review book, but they are worth reading). I basically set aside 2 months. My goal was to have read/reviewed all of the chapters at least once prior to the 2 week countdown. During those final 2 weeks I went back over chapters/topics I wanted fresh in mind (abx, stats, cardiology, that monster GI chapter, etc.) I was able to answer a majority of the questions because of personal experiences as a PGY1 (but my PGY1 year was intense and I was exposed to a lot). I did all of the studying on my own, but I know others who utilized group reviews and said they helped.

Good luck next year! You're already more prepared having taken the exam this year.:D

I passed. So,um, what does this get me? It costs a lot to maintain and takes a lot of time. to employers really value it? Do they value it more or less than residency, experience, breadth??

Jacque

I went to the ACCP review course and used the review books from that. I also borrowed a friend's books from 2010, which had a chapter on pharmacoeconomics (it was just an old PSAP module on the topic, but it was helpful since we had several questions on cost analyses on the exam this year). The review course can be a little overwhelming, but it's a good motivator to get you thinking about the test, and it forces you to identify your areas of weakness.

Anders Westanmo's website - www.bcpsstudygroup.com - is also a phenomenal resource. His statistics review sheets are indispensable and really simplify the material you need to know for the exam.

Hope this helps!

I went to the ACCP review course and used the review books from that. I also borrowed a friend's books from 2010, which had a chapter on pharmacoeconomics (it was just an old PSAP module on the topic, but it was helpful since we had several questions on cost analyses on the exam this year). The review course can be a little overwhelming, but it's a good motivator to get you thinking about the test, and it forces you to identify your areas of weakness.

Anders Westanmo's website - www.bcpsstudygroup.com - is also a phenomenal resource. His statistics review sheets are indispensable and really simplify the material you need to know for the exam.

Hope this helps!

really thank you , I like you helping others like that . good job

Has any appealed to the BPS?

If so, what was the result?

Thanks! I am going crazy right now!

Last edited:
:mad:Did anyone receive the rescoring? BPS raised the min passing point from 111 to 124! My rescore would have passed but did not because of the raised passing point!:mad:

hey congrat to all who passed. unfortunately, i did not pass. :(
Can you tell me what material you used to study. I felt that the reivew book/ course did not really help me. felt questions were totally off the wall. :(
please PM me with any advice/pointer!
Did you get the rescoring? Your thoughts? I am thinking of appealing because they raised the min passing score.

:mad:Did anyone receive the rescoring? BPS raised the min passing point from 111 to 124! My rescore would have passed but did not because of the raised passing point!:mad:

What? What does the letter say? How can they take away the certification once they gave it to you?

What? What does the letter say? How can they take away the certification once they gave it to you?
No I didn't pass the first scoring. The rescoring due to concerns with pilot questions, but it was for the candidate who didn't pass originally. So my rescore increased but so did the min pass point was increased to 124, So my rescore would have pass the original passing point of 111. BPS will never revoke the candidates who passed in the original scoring. That wouldn't be right if they did. But I am frustrated that they raised the passing point on the rescore. It just doesn't make sense!

Hello all,

I was wondering what did you use to study? I am going to take the BPS exam this Oct and wanted to know what do you all recommend? Thank you!!!!