BCPS Fall 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bsmith

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious about what others thought of the Fall test. Did you think it was harder/easier than you thought? I really studied....hard....and i walked away thinking that I am pretty sure I failed. I felt the questions were asked in a way that was hard to study for with some material I did not expect at all. I was just curious what others thought.

Members don't see this ad.

I took this test a few years ago so I can't speak to the test for this year, but before I took my test I was told by others that you will walk away thinking you failed the test then you find out you did just fine. That's how I felt - I thought I failed, because I wasn't sure about the answers for almost 50% of the questions on the test, and I passed with a very high score. So I would say as long as you studied really hard, you most likely did well :)

Personally I wish I had started by studying the stats and policy stuff then did part of a practice test to see the level of detail before I started the clinical sections. In school, I was given the impression it would be extremely detail oriented so I was focusing on the small stuff In the end I found most of the questions to be about things I see often enough to know how treatment is approached. Even if I spent 100 hours more, I still wouldn't have known the rare disease state questions they asked. (as a point of reference I took the test after 3 years of being a practicing clinical pharmacist).

I was also surprised that the pediatric section was relatively basic. I have zero peds experience yet felt the questions on this section were almost written for someone like myself (maybe the luck of the draw on the questions I got?). No complaints though!

Don't stress about it. I'm sure you did well.

Didn't take the BCPS (can only imagine how hard that one must be), but I have talked to a lot of people who were positive they had failed it but ended up passing it with flying colors. I took the BCPP yesterday. I felt like it was really a rollercoaster of a test - I'd get 5 questions in a row that a hamster could answer, then I'd be slapped in the face with 5 of the craziest, most obscure questions ever LOL. Anyone else take the BCPP?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I took the BCPP as well & the questions all seemed to be twisted & tricky. I studied really hard but the questions were such that I had to guess a lot between 2 answers! I walked away from the exam with a bad feeling thinking that I failed. Luckily, I passed! I hope you did too. Rxchika

Does anyone that took the 2014 exam want to sell their DVD with all the slides and audio files? I have the book but am looking for the presentations.

Didn't take the BCPS (can only imagine how hard that one must be), but I have talked to a lot of people who were positive they had failed it but ended up passing it with flying colors. I took the BCPP yesterday. I felt like it was really a rollercoaster of a test - I'd get 5 questions in a row that a hamster could answer, then I'd be slapped in the face with 5 of the craziest, most obscure questions ever LOL. Anyone else take the BCPP?
How did you study for BCPP? I have material from BCPS and BCGP. Wonder if that helps?