BCPS this spring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kattster

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Was just wondering who else out there was planning on taking the BCPS this spring? Would love some study buddies to help keep me on track. Also, has anyone used high yield med review to help prepare for the exam? It's on sale for $199(regular price $299) until Feb.

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to study in a group if that possible, to meet once a week my be and discussed assigned material for that week... as far as high yield, I thought it is timed for one month or 3 months.... is it possible to buy the 1700 questions and not to risk loosing it after one month... what is your experience with HY...and what did you hear from others who used it .. is there any one was able to keep the questions and if so is there anyone would like to sell them ...

I would like to study in a group if that possible, to meet once a week my be and discussed assigned material for that week... as far as high yield, I thought it is timed for one month or 3 months.... is it possible to buy the 1700 questions and not to risk loosing it after one month... what is your experience with HY...and what did you hear from others who used it .. is there any one was able to keep the questions and if so is there anyone would like to sell them ...

The price is $199, down from $299 until February. You have access to the Q bank for 1 year but can only watch the lectures essentially twice. I have no experience with High yield. I spoke with some co-workers and they told me that they felt the materials from ACCP were enough to study from and pass the exam.

Anyhow, you can now register for the spring exam starting TODAY. Anyone else on here doing this?!

Any other good review materials other than ACCP and HY? I prefer printed than online. I just wanted to get a head start on studying :prof:

Members don't see this ad :)
The effectiveness of any study course is obviously partially dependent on the individual and what works for them. For me, the ACCP materials (chapters, audio and video files) were adequate. I was able to source electronic copies on this forum. I then printed out the chapters (yes that meant a lot of printing!)

Considering I am a foreign pharmacist having never practiced in the US and passed (low to mid 500s score) on my first attempt, suggests to me the ACCP materials should be more than adequate for most. How did I study?

I listened to the lectures while driving to work each day which for me is a 25 minute drive each way. I also read all of the chapters and watched most of the videos of the presentations. I started three months before the exam. I listened to the lectures multiple times over. I did all of the questions in the chapters. I had access to other materials including mock exams and some high yield stuff but never got round to looking at it.

My advice is know your stats and regulatory stuff well. Some (I stress some) of the clinical stuff you should be able to answer in your sleep, and you'll need to study up in less familiar areas..... but looking at the breakdown of the exam, if you studied nothing else but the stats and regulatory stuff and nailed those elements, you are close to 50% home with the exam ..... one would hope as competent practicing pharmacists, you could use your base knowledge to get you over the line by getting some clinical marks!

I studied everything and would study the same way again. Listening to lectures and reading works for me, but whatever your method, start studying early and give yourself enough time to cover everything. Did I remember everything I studied? No! I repeated the lectures a number of times and read all the chapters at least once, some twice, and some of it obviously stuck!

Hope that helps someone.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I am just about to start preparing for the BCPS (Pharmacotherapy) exam which I will take in September. I would love to have 2 (or maybe 3) study partners to review chapters together on the weekends via skype. Anyone??