Bcps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ngmc11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did it take you to study for BCPS? How did you approach it? Any advice?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

OMG! Are they aware that we have to ask our university to send the hard copy of our transcript to them if we want to retake the exam in Fall 2015, and the deadline for the Fall exam is 1st August!!! I may miss the chance to retake it this year!:arghh:

They are CLEARLY not aware, idk why it takes soo long!! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did you guys take to study? I'm getting nervous about this test. I started studying a couple of weeks ago. I've also been doing a lot of questions from the ACCP Flip Card app on my phone (actually went through all of them). I know about 55% of the material without studying. I don't know if that's good or bad! I thought about withdrawing my application to take the test, but they keep $200 of your money and won't give you the rest until after the testing period is over, so I won't see my $400 until October. I figure it's probably better to just take the test and fail it then to completely lose out of $200. I've also known people that spent only a few months studying and passed it. I guess I'm just worried because I'm moving, starting a new job, I have to get licensed in a new state and then also have to study for this test but then I know people who are working full-time, have families, work in administration so may not remember all the clinical stuff, and started studying in like July and passed the test so I really shouldn't have an excuse. Bah! :)
I studied about 3 1/2 months and felt like I would never be ready but I was fine. I also had been out of school for 15+ years at the time. Waiting for the results was the very worst part. Continue studying and take the exam as scheduled. Chances are you are going to surprise yourself.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you all for the advice! I spoke with them and was told you're only allowed to defer your registration from Spring to Fall which I think stinks. I was going to go ahead and take it but honestly, I'm a bit burned out at this point and really just want to enjoy my time off with my family, getting ready for my new job, and not studying. I'm going to cancel and retake in the spring. :)

Please let me know if anyone wants to study critical care together

Good luck to everyone waiting on their results this week :woot:...
Anyone else looking for study material (pharmacotherapy) can pm me.

Reactions: 3 users
it's probably right under my nose, but where are the results posted on mybps? (wouldnt be surprised if there was a glitch on mine... I kept waiting for the email that I was cleared to schedule an exam until I called and found out they had misfiled someone else's postponement to my account...)

Members don't see this ad :)
The BCPS tests results aren't released yet, apparently it some sort of rolling release the psych one and bcacp got released so far from what i heard

I heard BCPS is getting released tmrw or thrus

The BCPS tests results aren't released yet, apparently it some sort of rolling release the psych one and bcacp got released so far from what i heard

I heard BCPS is getting released tmrw or thrus

Source? I really hope it's tomorrow. Also, congratulations to everyone who passed!

Last edited:
I just got an email from the BPS that said my BCPS score report was ready! I passed! Good luck to the rest of you as you get your scores!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have the 2015 ACCP BCPS review material? Please PM, I have the complete only 2014 version and can share that with you.

I don't derive much meaning from the score since its scaled on some funky scale (200-800). I have no sea what it even means.

I got 585, one of my friends did some math and said maybe if i had missed 20 more I may not have passed

Just a speculation tho :)

Well, I got refunded my $400 for canceling. Kinda bummed I basically burned $200 but at least they didn't hold it for 6 weeks after the testing period was over as it was stated in their policy.

Hey so how long til we get our certificates? I have a wall that needs decorating in my office.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone planning on taking the critical care exam? How are you preparing? Are you attending the accp review in April? Please message me.
Anybody taking the Critical Care exam this Fall? I am looking for the ACCP Critical Care 2015 material - PDFs and/or audio files. Please PM me...thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hopefully soon. Could be up to 90 days. I have a empty spot on the wall as well. :)

Did you get a UPS shipment email today? I got a notification and cannot for the life of me think of anyone who would send a 1oz package via UPS and notify my work inbox.

Does anyone still have the have 2015 ACCP BCPS study materials?? please PM and let me know. Thanks a million

Can anyone who has taken the BCNSP exam comment on the adequacy of the material from ASPEN to study? I have been studying from the ASPEN "Adult Nutrition Support Core Curriculum Second Edition" to familiarize myself with some aspects of enteral nutrition and home care. I took BCPS a few years ago so I think I can just restudy statistics material from that. Did anyone use any other materials to study and did they help?

if anyone's interested, I have pdf's of the CRITICAL CARE materials. PM for details- thanks

Last edited:
Anyone have the mock exams with answers/explanations? Interested in any/all help as I'm freaking out as exam date gets closer

Anyone have the mock exams with answers/explanations? Interested in any/all help as I'm freaking out as exam date gets closer

Hi
I think the mock exam from ACCP with answers and explanation is an interactive online test, directly purchased and accessed through the ACCP websites; unless anyone has it in other format??

High-Yield MED Reviews has an awesome question bank that allows you to mock up testing scenarios with a few questions or even several hundred. You can even set a scenario limited by time similar to the real exam!

Congrats to those that passed. I have a question.
I registered to take the test this Fall. I bought the ACCP books, but did not buy the DVD-ROM. Do you think it's necessary to have the DVD? Can you pass with just studying the books? Thanks.

Congrats to those that passed. I have a question.
I registered to take the test this Fall. I bought the ACCP books, but did not buy the DVD-ROM. Do you think it's necessary to have the DVD? Can you pass with just studying the books? Thanks.
Books are sufficient, but audio is nice to have while driving or don't have time that day to read.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the CRITICAL CARE DVD-ROM course with the Audio/Slide synchronized presentations and mp3 files of audio? Willing to split the cost. Please PM me...and TIA.

Can anyone who has taken the BCNSP exam comment on the adequacy of the material from ASPEN to study? I have been studying from the ASPEN "Adult Nutrition Support Core Curriculum Second Edition" to familiarize myself with some aspects of enteral nutrition and home care. I took BCPS a few years ago so I think I can just restudy statistics material from that. Did anyone use any other materials to study and did they help?
I took the BCNSP in Spring and passed. In addition to the Adult Nutrition Support Core Curriculum, I think you should read all those ASPEN guidelines as well. I think the Core Curriculum is not adequate in the home care part. You may look for some manuals for reimbursement of HPN/HEN in the internet.

Hello,
If anyone has ambulatory care DVD /book materials they would be willing to part with please let me know, I am planning on taking test spring 2016 and would like to start studying.
Thank you

Has anyone use/used dredwilliams.net question flash cards to study? i'm trying to test my biostat knowledge ans was wondering if it was any good. thanks in advance for any input.

Has anyone use/used dredwilliams.net question flash cards to study? i'm trying to test my biostat knowledge ans was wondering if it was any good. thanks in advance for any input.
Tell u the truth dont bombard urself with too much material. The stats pirtion in accp is more than enough