Be kind and Inform your Declined Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Archline

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

If you were fortunate enough to hold a spot at more than 1 school, do the right thing and inform the schools you are turning down. Those of us on waiting lists would benefit greatly from knowing what life will look like when DPT schools start. For example, I'm accepted at my state school, but would love to get accepted into another school that I am on the waiting list for. The sooner I get an answer from them, the sooner I can start my new life and not waste money renewing rent. The only way wait-listers get in is from students declining an offer. So please, if your mind is made up, inform other schools immediately! We would all appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1430621654.351636.jpg

J/K! Good luck, guys!

Reactions: 3 users
^^ Unfortunately, cats lack the ability to be kind...

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. As someone who has worked in admissions in PT/medical school environments, the schools want to know who is coming and solidify their incoming class.

Reactions: 2 users
What would you recommend is the best way to inform a school? I know I get anxious about making phone calls, but at th same time I need to make sure I'll get my deposit back. Suggestions for the socially anxious? :shy:

What would you recommend is the best way to inform a school? I know I get anxious about making phone calls, but at th same time I need to make sure I'll get my deposit back. Suggestions for the socially anxious? :shy:

You have to either call or email the admissions department of the school, there's not really another way to do it unless they have specifically requested some other method. I'm surprised you're actually getting your deposit back, they are non-refundable at most schools.

If you struggle with the ability to make phone calls, now is the time to start working on it. Many phone calls await you as a PT. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Still thinking about what I could have done with all that deposit money I lost......

Reactions: 1 users
Haha, yeah I got lucky there. It was a $1000 deposit and I should be getting $900 back, so definitely not the worst spot to be in, but somehow I'm dreading it and feel a loophole coming on.

Haha, yeah I got lucky there. It was a $1000 deposit and I should be getting $900 back, so definitely not the worst spot to be in, but somehow I'm dreading it and feel a loophole coming on.

I paid a $1000 deposit and got $100 back, you paid a $1000 deposit and only lost $100... :bullcrap:

Starrsgirl and I could have had a great party with all that money we lost...lol

Reactions: 3 users