Become a Counselor in as little as 18mo and earn $53,380??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrsM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was so tired of seeing these advertisements that I was moved to write a blog about it. These seem to pop up on a particular social media site all the time. Unbelievable they have set up pages for almost every state with the same advertisement, just changing the state name. Talk about false advertising! It looks like this...

“Become a Counselor in [Fill in the whatever state you want] in as little as 18mo and you may earn a median of $53,380/year! Request degree info here:…”

I love this field and what I do. It bothers me to know that people could enter this field because a carrot to the tune of $53,380 is being dangled in front of them.

It's great to have this website because you can get the facts before you start your journey.

MrsM, LPC, NCC

Members don't see this ad.

Whenever I see these ads on facebook, I'm always happy to see nearly all of the comments calling them out.

I was so tired of seeing these advertisements that I was moved to write a blog about it. These seem to pop up on a particular social media site all the time. Unbelievable they have set up pages for almost every state with the same advertisement, just changing the state name. Talk about false advertising! It looks like this...

“Become a Counselor in [Fill in the whatever state you want] in as little as 18mo and you may earn a median of $53,380/year! Request degree info here:…”

I love this field and what I do. It bothers me to know that people could enter this field because a carrot to the tune of $53,380 is being dangled in front of them.

It's great to have this website because you can get the facts before you start your journey.

MrsM, LPC, NCC

If people are entering into any field in mental health because of pay, they are entering into it for the wrong reasons.