Become a reviewer for IMPULSE (Undergraduate Neuroscience Journal)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPatel1987

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a peer reviewer of IMPULSE at University of South Carolina. IMPULSE is the first international, online neuroscience journal for undergraduate publications. Submissions are reviewed by students worldwide under faculty guidance, and articles are immediately published online as they are accepted. One of the primary objectives of IMPULSE is to teach undergraduates the process of "scientific review" in publications. For additional information please check our website http://impulse.schc.sc.edu. We are currently seeking INTERNATIONAL peer reviewers to join IMPULSE. The qualifications, duties, and benefits of joining IMPULSE are listed below.

The qualifications to become a peer reviewer at IMPULSE include:
1. The student must be an undergraduate who is not currently in a PhD program. For example, a student seeking Bachelor in Science degree is qualified.
2. The student must be between 17-23 years old

The duties of a peer reviewer at IMPULSE include:
1. Review the undergraduate publications that are submitted to IMPULSE, and make corrections to the publication.
2. An International editor from University of South Carolina will remain in contact with the peer reviewer. The peer reviewer will send his or her comments on the publication back to the editor.

Some benefits of becoming a peer reviewer at IMPULSE include:
1. The student learns the process of publication "review" in a scientific journal.
2. The student learns how to become a better scientific writer.
3. The student's name will be included as a peer reviewer on our IMPULSE journal website: http://impulse.schc.sc.edu
4. IMPULSE will be a great addition to your resume.

Please let me know if you are interested in becoming a peer reviewer for IMPULSE.

Thank you very much for your help and time.

Members don't see this ad.

I am interested in becoming a reviewer. I sent you a PM with my information.

Hey Adam,

I replied back to you. Thanks again for your time and interest in joining IMPULSE.

Dan Patel

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I'd like to be a peer reviewer as well.

I'm also interested with IMPULSE and becoming a peer reviewer.

I am also interested in becoming a peer reviewer.

I am also interested in becoming a peer reviewer.
Why the age limit? It seems rather unfair to those of us who are older (26 in my case) and still working on our bachelors......

I would also like to become a peer reviewer. What information from me do you need.:thumbup:

Definately, I'm interested! I am graduating this may, but in the meantime, what info do you need?

I'd love to be a peer reviewer! What kind of information should I send you?

hi id love to be a peer reviewer. who do i talk to??

I too would like to peer review. Please let me know the requirements.

I am also very interested! Please let me know how I can become a peer reviewer!

I am very interested in it as well.
Please tell me what information I need to send to you.

I am a peer reviewer of IMPULSE at University of South Carolina.

2. The student must be between 17-23 years old

That age limit is a red flag. Especially including 17 year olds...

I suggest being a bit cautious about giving any personal information to this individual.

I am very interested as well. Hope it's not too late. Please let me of the requirements, thanks.