Becoming an intern CVS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

animalsasleaders

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
We just applied for our intern licenses in Pharm School.
My question is: what exactly happens when we are promoted to interns in our pharmacies? So we receive a new title, and then initially work as a tech with an intern license until we gain more skills throughout school to do more pharmacist things? Or do we immediately start having new responsibilities?
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I also applied to the CVS internship in AZ. From what I've heard, you spend 1 year doing technician duties and shadowing the pharmacist as he performs his duties. You have to reapply for a "promotion." They set up an interview with the pharmacy supervisor as well as performing a couple of screening phone calls. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Depends on your state. In my state I do the same things as a tech but also take verbal orders, transfers, give shots, and can counsel patients or make OTC recommendations.

In some states you actually have to finish your first year of school before you can even become an intern.

You will be doing everything expected of a pharmacist with the exception of verifying prescriptions.