Before Applying to Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jps17kl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone please help me with a quick question? I am a junior right now and planning to apply for next cycle. i have taken all my pre req classes except second semester of physics. can i apply to dental school summer 2010 without having taking 2nd year of physics? I heard some schools require while others do not becuase it is just physics. If possible, I would like to talk physics II next year. Do you know anything about this?

Thank you for all your responses

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, can anyone please help me with a quick question? I am a junior right now and planning to apply for next cycle. i have taken all my pre req classes except second semester of physics. can i apply to dental school summer 2010 without having taking 2nd year of physics? I heard some schools require while others do not becuase it is just physics. If possible, I would like to talk physics II next year. Do you know anything about this?

Thank you for all your responses

Why not just take physics next semester?

In any case, some schools are fine with you taking courses as late as Spring of the year you're applying to.

Why not just take physics next semester?

In any case, some schools are fine with you taking courses as late as Spring of the year you're applying to.

lol

To the OP: you need to have your prereqs completed before you start dental school, not before you apply. So you will be fine, you have enough time.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah as long as you have those courses listed under planned courses on AADSAS for next year, you should be fine. You don't need to have all pre-reqs done when you're applying. Everything except for phy2 is enough pre-req courses for them to judge your basic sciences so it should be fine (if you have whole bunch of them listed as planned then it's a different story)

Just make sure you take them before summer because some schools start early and they do not let you take them during summer before matriculation.

but dont u need physics 2 to take the DAT?! or am I wrong?