beginning a relationship with an M3.. Is this guy interested or not?

cantabile210

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I met a med student on an online dating site who is currently studying for his STEP 1 exam (around the end of june). We emailed back and forth a couple of times and have met one time. His correspondence was slow at the beginning but after our initial meeting, he texts me almost every single day. He did ask me out and we are to meet after his exam/ third year begins but recently his correspondence has gotten very very slow. I've heard third years are superbusy and want to be patient, but sometimes I'm not really sure whether he is interested or just too busy. I'm not really sure if a relationship is even possible seeing as how he is so busy, and the fact that our second meeting is over a month after the first is not helping. My question is, is this kind of situation common in med student relationships? Does the fact that he even answers my texts show that he is interested
I really like this guy and want to get to know him, but is it even possible to start a relationship with med students starting third year?

Members don't see this ad.

I met a med student on an online dating site who is currently studying for his STEP 1 exam (around the end of june). We emailed back and forth a couple of times and have met one time. His correspondence was slow at the beginning but after our initial meeting, he texts me almost every single day. He did ask me out and we are to meet after his exam/ third year begins but recently his correspondence has gotten very very slow. I've heard third years are superbusy and want to be patient, but sometimes I'm not really sure whether he is interested or just too busy. I'm not really sure if a relationship is even possible seeing as how he is so busy, and the fact that our second meeting is over a month after the first is not helping. My question is, is this kind of situation common in med student relationships? Does the fact that he even answers my texts show that he is interested
I really like this guy and want to get to know him, but is it even possible to start a relationship with med students starting third year?

Why don't you just ask him what the deal is?

At least 90% of dating and relationship problems can be solved by just ASKING the other person and talking to them, not an online forum. Communication is the basis of every relationship.

Reactions: 1 users

His step 1 exam is at the end of June?

I'm surprised he's even texting you at this point. The Step 1 exam is THE most important exam of your career (even more important than your board certification exams), and also the hardest. When it was the week before the exam, I didn't even want to stop to use the bathroom.

I would wait and see how it goes until after Step 1.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
why is a medical student dating someone who is clearly a middle school girl? you should report him and tell an adult, either your parents or a little league coach that you trust

Reactions: 2 users
I'm just going to leave this here:*

Siono?

*but definitely apply when he's done with Step I as that is a major confounder.

Erff...SDN filters...when you get the 404 message for the link just change the **** in the url bar for what you think belongs there...