Behavioral questions in interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

5twilight5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

What kind of behavioral interview questions have you been getting on interviews and which programs are asking these types of questions?!?

I have a feeling I will be silent with no answers if I dont have some type of answers prepared:(

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

What kind of behavioral interview questions have you been getting on interviews and which programs are asking these types of questions?!?

I have a feeling I will be silent with no answers if I dont have some type of answers prepared:(

Thanks in advance!

Definitely had them at 1 of the 3 programs I've interviewed at so far. I would probably go ahead and go through that link and at least be thinking about those kinds of questions because you won't always know which programs pull that on you. I for sure didn't, and I won't lie, it's tough. I inevitably end up picking vague examples and ramble a lot, and then afterwards when I've had time to think of it come up with great examples. The frustrating part is not that I didn't have good answers, I just didn't have good answers right then. Better to have a game plan going in, because I definitely left feeling like I didn't sell myself well.

For instance, #2 Give an example of a time when you had to be relatively quick in coming to a decision. I would say, "Right now..."

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone had new comments. Does Vanderbilt still use this form of interviewing?

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone had new comments. Does Vanderbilt still use this form of interviewing?

Current non-vandy CA-1 here. They were still doing this when I interviewed. They made it clear they did so in one of the pre-interview emails they sent.

Reactions: 1 user