Behavioral science requirement question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RLU1223

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I have a question regarding the behavioral science requirement to schools like Western U and LECOM.

First of all, can I apply and receive interviews before actually acquiring my behavioral science credits?

Secondly, I e-mailed LECOM and they said my philosophy class counts as 3 credits. However, they have not gotten back to me about whether or not my community health credit counts and are showing some resistance to the idea. The aacom website states that community health falls under the behavior sciences.

Can you guys give me some word of advice?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I took a yearlong course that's divided into two semesters. One person working for AACOM marked the first semester as behavioral science, and then another person who added the spring transcript marked it as other science. The class is marginally a behavior science, if you consider medical ethics and how to approach patient-oriented issues (hospice, euthanasia, etc.) a behavioral science. Of course, the school can always interpret it however they please.

But yes, most schools entertain applications with 1 or 2 prereqs missing but will require it be completed before matriculating. You should probably at least be enrolled in the course.

BYU Independent Study offers psychology courses. In particular, the Sex & Gender class is graded based only off open-book quizzes and one closed-book final--finished this one in about 3 weeks. This is in contrast to their general psychology course which requires some written essays.

Hi,

So you're saying that we can't trust the AACOM classification of behavior sciences and that my community health credit is probably a dud? haha

I'm planning to take a psychology class but hoping that it won't effect my application when I submit it early June!

Does anyone else have similar experiences?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I e-mailed LECOM and they said my philosophy class counts as 3 credits.

wait, they told you a philosophy class counts as behavioral science? if so, what was the class called? (curious bc i too have a philosophy class that might be able to count as behavioral science)

wait, they told you a philosophy class counts as behavioral science? if so, what was the class called? (curious bc i too have a philosophy class that might be able to count as behavioral science)

My class was called "knowing and being". I think they just saw that it was a philosophy class and didn't bother looking at the syllabus.