Behavioral Science Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gasman654

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just found out that none of my classes really count for behavioral sciences =(. Idk why I didnt figure this out sooner. But its not on my planned courses section on my primary application. How should I notify schools that I will be taking them this fall? Will I even get interviews until they know?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I just found out that none of my classes really count for behavioral sciences =(. Idk why I didnt figure this out sooner. But its not on my planned courses section on my primary application. How should I notify schools that I will be taking them this fall? Will I even get interviews until they know?

There is a "planned courses spot" on AACOMAS IIRC. I would call the schools individually honestly. Certain schools are somewhat lax in this requirement. For example I took "criminal profiling and polygraph" in graduate school and they counted that.

There is a "planned courses spot" on AACOMAS IIRC. I would call the schools individually honestly. Certain schools are somewhat lax in this requirement. For example I took "criminal profiling and polygraph" in graduate school and they counted that.

sry whats AACOMAS IIRC...im a newb at this...if u meant the primary app..unfortunately i cant change it after ive submitted it..

i emailed MSU COM tho and they didnt accept any of my classes to be behavioral sciences..and thats my number one choice..since im a michigan resident..my grades/mcat are above average for there school..but they have no way of knowing that i am going to take the two behavior science courses becus its not in my planned courses in my primary app.

Members don't see this ad :)
sry whats AACOMAS IIRC...im a newb at this...if u meant the primary app..unfortunately i cant change it after ive submitted it..

i emailed MSU COM tho and they didnt accept any of my classes to be behavioral sciences..and thats my number one choice..since im a michigan resident..my grades/mcat are above average for there school..but they have no way of knowing that i am going to take the two behavior science courses becus its not in my planned courses in my primary app.

AACOMAS is the DO school application service. IIRC=if i remember correctly :)

MSU is veryyy picky and I know a lot of people apply there and then pull their apps bc they are too strict. I know I did when I saw how in depth their secondaries were. When you you applying? Why not just take a class they would consider to be a behavioral science?

Just call schools and tell them of the situation. Ask them if they need anything in writing.

Yeah, they are very picky about classes. They wouldn't accept my psychology course, "Primate Social Behavior" as behavioral science credits... which confuses the hell out of me. Anyways, the woman told me you don't need those credits to get an interview, you just need to have taken them prior to matriculating. Whichhh I won't be doing because I'm not spending money I don't have on behavioral science credits :)

I have some requirement credits not done for some schools too.

I thought it mattered, but now I don't think it does. As said above, you need to complete all the course requirements prior to matriculating. Having some requirements not done (or even planned, as future to-be-taken courses on the AACOMAS) will not affect your application and the school's decision in any way I believe.

A lot of people apply as juniors, and may have a bunch of requirements missing.