Berkeley Interview invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickim

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has recieved an interview invite from Berkeley just yet..?

Members don't see this ad.

they're not sending out invites till around the first or second week of January I think...

The application deadline closed just a few days ago and it will take admissions department a good amount of time to look at every applicant. When I applied last year, I received my interview offer in January. Patience :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I 've been invited 2 days ago...

me too! looking forward to meeting everyone there! :))

Just wondering if anyone has recieved an interview invite from Berkeley just yet..?
they're not sending out invites till around the first or second week of January I think...
I got mine yesterday. So excited!
I 've been invited 2 days ago...
me too! looking forward to meeting everyone there! :))

I am a first year opto student at berkeley and if you have thoughts or questions about berkeley please feel free to ask here or PM me, I would be more than happy to help. I was in your shoes last year and I know the feeling :)

~Paymaun

Berkeley vs. NOVA, any thoughts people?

Can u please tell us how the new MMIS interview would look like?

that right,I would be more than happy to help. I was in your shoes last year and I know the feeling
ubxLTb

Berkeley vs <insert school here>??

Berkeley.

I read something crazy that Berkeley students account for some ridiculously disproportionate % of all residency spots? Does anyone know the statistic? I want to say it was 25 or 50%.

Berkeley.

I read something crazy that Berkeley students account for some ridiculously disproportionate % of all residency spots? Does anyone know the statistic? I want to say it was 25 or 50%.
yeah but berkeley area is pretty run down and ghetto and on top of that, expensive, not to mention it is a state school, so many of the equipment is very old. but the education and reputation they have for excellence is still pretty untouchable, you're right, i agree completely with that. :) berkeley is one of the best definitely, but was curious how it compares with others.

Berkeley.

I'm curious to know where you read this? I did not know.

Has Berkeley accepted any students yet? Or just interviewing?

Also is it true other schools wait until Berkeley is done to accept more students?

Berkeley.

I just took a look at the official 2013 residency match statistics. https://natmatch.com/ormatch/stats/2013stats.html
There were 383 resident spots filled (Positions Offered in the Match), the last time I checked, Berkeley had a class of 60-65. ASSUMING 100% of Cal students matched to a residency, we are at 16.97%. I doubt it was 100%...

This reminds me of the quote "72% (or any other random number) of statistics is made up."
The school is great, but let's make sure we check outrageous claims.

Reactions: 1 users
Has Berkeley accepted any students yet? Or just interviewing?

Also is it true other schools wait until Berkeley is done to accept more students?

Berkeley is unique in that they have ONE interview day for everyone they're interested in, and acceptances/ waitlist notifications/ rejections are sent out usually around the same time for everyone interviewed. NO, other schools do not wait until Berkeley is done to accept more students. Why would other schools do that? that would mean having to wait at least a month before accepting more applicants, or even 2 months if you consider the time it takes to notify students and hear back from them about if they want to attend Berkeley. Berkeley does not have a monopoly over the month of February. Schools do not know what other schools a student has applied to/ has interviews for/ been accepted to. So, there is no way to predict if someone who they are interviewing/ accepting is also being interviewed/accepted into Berkeley. Hence no reason to postpone accepting a student, especially if they want that student to attend their school. If I had just interviewed at a school I liked but didn't hear back for a month because they were waiting for Berkeley to be done I would be PISSED. It's stressful enough waiting to hear back from schools, having a month hiatus would be cruel.

Hi! If any applicants are coming to Berkeley Friday, feel free to PM me! :D can't wait to meet everyone!

The school is great, but let's make sure we check outrageous claims.

Today at Berkeley's interview day, that statistic rose again. Their criterion was "highly sought after or competitive residencies" are awarded to Berkeley students in 20% of cases. I wasn't trying to spread nonsense, I asked if anyone could clarify what I was trying to remember hearing. I believe I had read it in the annual Reagents of California report.