Berkeley Review books, buy new vs used

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I noticed on the threads here that the berkeley review books have recently revamped Physics books (as of Nov. 2010). Does anyone know if this is a big enough difference in content that I would want to by these new books rather than the used previous edition?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it's big enough to get the new version. They improved all of the sections students complained about, such as, EM. There's a complete analysis of what they changed somewhere, but I don't have much time to search for it. For all of the other books, you're fine with 2010. It's just the physics that should be the newest version.

Have the Biology books changed and is it worth buying them?

Yes, it's big enough to get the new version. They improved all of the sections students complained about, such as, EM. There's a complete analysis of what they changed somewhere, but I don't have much time to search for it. For all of the other books, you're fine with 2010. It's just the physics that should be the newest version.

Have the Biology books changed and is it worth buying them?

There's now a practice exam at the end of each book that covers all of the material from each respective book. Those exams are really good, and they should seem easier than the passages at the end of the chapters.

Whether it's worth getting the new biology book I'd say comes down to cost. If you can get used BR bio books for $40 in good shape, then that's a good deal (based on what they go for used). If you're paying $50 or more for used BR bio books, you might as well get new ones for $60.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the 2009 version of BR. Does anybody know if the physics changes in the newer versions are big enough that I should get dump the old and get the new? My motto in life is generally "new is always better".