Berkeley Review/EK Book Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iNeedHelp2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will it make a huge difference if I have a book that is 4 years older? I'm sure the concepts are the same and they make minor corrections but I'm sure everything should still be relevant. Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

Will it make a huge difference if I have a book that is 4 years older? I'm sure the concepts are the same and they make minor corrections but I'm sure everything should still be relevant. Thanks...

4 years shouldn't be a humongous deal but they won't be as good as the more recent editions. TBR changes yearly, don't know how often EK publishes new books (don't recall even seeing multiple editions out there).

I would print out the topic lists from the official AAMC site and let it guide your studies so you don't spend any time reviewing a topic that is no longer tested but is still in the books.

Also, check out this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=852061

For BR it depends on the book. It'll matter for physics and orgo the most, because both of those changed in the last few years. For the other three books, it won't matter as much.

how would someone check for the BR edition?

Only PHY and Orgo Chem have a year at the 1st page

Members don't see this ad :)
You might be able to preview some passages online at either amazon.com (by clicking on the product description then on the product picture, if it says preview), or by googling the book name with scribd. This assumes you know what you are looking for. Advice from people who are familiar might be more valuable.

The edition question: I cannot find an edition in my copy of BR VR. There are copyright dates inside the front cover. BR's contact info is, [email protected], 800-622-8827, www.berkeleyreview.com.