Best 0+6 pharmacy schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have any more info on University of Buffalo? I have studied their website thoroughly, but I would like some unbiased opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

Dude. Do two years of undergrad and apply Pharm.D. Especially if you haven't had any pharmacy experience up to this point. Once I got into college, I changed my major five times in two years before doing pharmacy. I'll echo what others have said above - you may think you know beyond the shadow of a doubt what you want to do, but once you hit college, that will all change. Also, I don't know why you're looking at pharmacy school, but if you think it's the quickest way to a 6-figure salary (before taxes, deductions, etc.), this is not going to be true for much longer - especially by the time you graduate. I don't want to be all doom-and-gloom, but look at the number of threads on here about saturation and grads who are 1+ years out who can't find a job. That's only going to get worse before it gets better (if it ever gets better).

TLDR - save yourself some heartache and do at least two years of undergrad before making such a huge decision

^^ This. Pharmacy schools are now so easy to get into. Do 2 years of undergrad and if you are absolutely sure then apply. You can even apply to a 3 year program so that is 2 + 3 years = work as a pharmacist at 23.

Members don't see this ad :)
^^ This. Pharmacy schools are now so easy to get into. Do 2 years of undergrad and if you are absolutely sure then apply. You can even apply to a 3 year program so that is 2 + 3 years = work as a pharmacist at 23.

Did I just get the BMB seal of approval?!?!?! :soexcited::banana:

Reactions: 1 user
The only problem is that it seems like every pharmacy school requires different pre-reqs (different courses, different amounts of required time(s) for those courses, etc.). So if I don't get into the pharmacy school of my choice (the one that I did my pre-reqs for), will I still be able to get in to other pharmacy schools that have different pre-req requirements without returning to undergrad school?

I agree. I plan on working in retail. From what I hear, the only con of working in retail is having to deal with the occasional psycho customer who loses their mind when they find out their insurance doesn't cover it. But from what I imagine, clinical/hospital pharmacy has far more cons, such as getting paid less, and having to deal with snobby doctors all day who think they are "above" you just because they went to 12 years of college. Retail seems much better. It also means I don't need to do a residency.

Oh, and I would like to thank my parents for forcing me to take French instead of Spanish! Lol. But thank you for the info regarding pharmacist jobs in Florida.

Patients are the least of your worries. Depending on your area, the patients are usually pleasant. Going all around your state for about a year is the first step to all the fun. In MO, some floaters are made to travel over 200 miles for shifts. That's not the worst part, the real issue is dealing with the corporate money saving crap. It's you and one other pharmacist and you get 3 techs a day. You do about a 250 script average each day. There is maybe an hour overlap between pharmacists if you're lucky. No lunch. You get yelled at by your district manager for ordering drugs for your patients if you do not have them in stock. You are turned into a robot in some cases; a filling and verifying machine. No patient interaction because there is only a 3-4 hour overlap of all 3 techs. In some cases, there is only a one hour overlap of techs. If you're the RxM, you spend some of your days off in meetings. You get yelled at for not meeting quotas or metrics. There are many cons to retail pharmacy, not just the "psycho patients." Of course, you get some damn good stories out of working with retail. Honestly, you have to deal with a lot of crap as a Wags/CVS pharmacist. If none of the above bothers you (I honestly could care less if I didn't get a lunch), then you will enjoy retail in a good setting.