Best Board Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saintsfan180

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
About to be a freshly minted EM grad here and having to take the boards this fall. I'd like to probably do an online board review course, but I'm also open to traveling to a live course. Which would you guys recommend, and which courses have you preferred? I've used Intrainingprep.com in the past for inservice and did well, but it seems a little basic for the boards.

Members don't see this ad.

HippoEM was excellent. Online lectures plus question bank.

One of my buddies used the Las Vegas video course and loved it. The Ohio course has a good rap. Of course you have to do Peer VIII. I didn't use Rosh Review but did use the Lightning Review for the boards (app, not book).

The las vegas course also has a 100% money back guarantee I think - pass or don't pay

I was told to pick up a copy of the ultimate emergency medicine guide - it advertises a 300% money back guarantee (!) and seems good. Also using PEER but I prefer books over a live course. No way I can sit through lectures in las vegas for > 8 hours/day

Members don't see this ad :)
Ultimate Emergency Medicine Guide! Can't argue with Optimus Prime.

For a live review go to Ohio. Good course and there is absolutely nothing going on in Columbus downtown in the evenings. You won't get distracted. Las Vegas for emergency physicians - not so good. :)

I did rosh review, peer 7 & 8, and nembr series on dvd (watched in my down time very early on and then once more 2 days before).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HippoEM was awesome and actually really enjoyable. I didn't attend any in-person courses and did fine with just hippo.

About to be a freshly minted EM grad here and having to take the boards this fall. I'd like to probably do an online board review course, but I'm also open to traveling to a live course. Which would you guys recommend, and which courses have you preferred? I've used Intrainingprep.com in the past for inservice and did well, but it seems a little basic for the boards.

Hello,

I'm selling an almost completely unused Dr. Carol Rivers' 'Preparing for the Written Board Exam' 7th edition (newest edition) Volume I, II and CME Post-test Answers and Explanations. Reply/message if interested.

I did Rosh, PEER VIII, and read part of the 2000 questions book again. I got through about half of everything from what I remember and it was more than enough.

As for Orals... I thought the Carol Rivers book was ho hum though the audio CDs were a good listen. The AAEM course in Chicago was excellent though a little pricey. Okuda's book was good though I only read 3/4.

Find a set of several year old discs from the Vegas course (EM prep guys) and do those. Saves money too. Also, do old questions, there are lots of books and online sources for them (Board Vitals, EMRA, Roshreview, etc). Do them until you are blue in the face.

Study with a partner if you can - I found it more helpful than doing them alone

Or spend the cash and immerse yourself in a course for a few days. But be sure to do their review questions afterwards to refresh shortly before the test.