best bone marrow fellowships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cellmatrix

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been told east coast is better for heme fellowships emphasizing lymph node pathology, and west coast tends to be stronger for bone marrow pathology. What are the best bone marrow / flow cytometry programs in the country?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been told east coast is better for heme fellowships emphasizing lymph node pathology, and west coast tends to be stronger for bone marrow pathology. What are the best bone marrow / flow cytometry programs in the country?

New Mexico - Foucar
Stanford - Arber
Washington - Wood (the pimp of 89 color flow cytometry)

Last edited:

Sounds like kind of a silly formulation to me, the east=lymph and west=marrow thing. For bone marrow there are big names scattered around, like Foucar (NM), Vardiman (Chicago), Arber (Stanford), Orazi (Cornell), et al. Also I wouldn't necessarily equate "best program" with most famous person.

One of my attendings trained with Foucar at NM. She was in practice for a few years and then went back to do the heme fellowship there. She said she was always uncomfortable with marrows until she did that fellowship. So I interpret that as saying that New Mexico has solid training in marrows.