Best book for nailing rounds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knight_MD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting a Urology observership and I'd love to leave a good impression. What book(s) would you guys recommend? I've been looking for something like Surgery Recall with little success. "5-min Urology consults" has been my only recommended read so far, anything else?

Thanks.

EDIT: I found this thread, and decided to go for a used copy of "Pocket Guide to Urology".... I can only afford one more pocket book, and "Urology Secrets" seems to be getting mixed reviews... any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Weider's Pocket Guide to Urology is among the holy texts in our great field and is a must. Would definitely go for that one

Definitely Weider..you have to order it directly from the author though (I had to send in a check and wait 2 weeks).

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought it used from Amazon then discovered it was the FIRST edition (1999!).... everything in it is obsolete, right?

Knight_MD,
The Pocket Guide to Urology is now in the 4th edition (just released)...you purchased the first edition.
Stores that sell used pocket guides are selling the old editions.

To order the newest edition you need to go to the authors website:
www.pocketguidetourology.com
As far as I know, that is the only way to get the newest edition.
I've used it since residency...and love it :thumbup:

I agree. "Pocket Guide to Urology" is a must as a medical student interested in urology and as a urology resident. There is a tremendous amount of information within this small book and the 4th edition has a lot of good updates. I highly recommend this book. That is why we were excited to announce a giveaway of the newest edition of this book for U.S. urology residents. http://urologyjobsearch.com/blog/14-announcing-our-best-giveaway-yet-pocket-guide-to-urology

Many urology residents already have a copy of this book, at least an earlier version. If you are a resident and want a new edition of this book, hope you will take advantage of this giveaway.

I'm starting a urology elective in January at an urban hospital, and they recommend Smith's Urology textbook. Kinda big, but I've heard it does a good job with Uro-Onc stuff.