Best Carribean Med Schools that do not require MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lanou

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am going to be a senior in Undergrad in Michigan and studied Pre-med as a neuroscience major. My overall gpa is 3.3 and my science is about a 3.1. I studied for the MCAT for 8 months but after taking some practice test decided that I did not have the score to get into the USA med schools. I have great EC and letters of rec. I was thinking of switching to pharmacy but I really can not see myself doing that field. I am applying and taking my PCAT in the mean time as a backup. I was wondering what are the best Caribbean school that don't require mcat, or hahah take a pcat instead (longshot) :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am going to be a senior in Undergrad in Michigan and studied Pre-med as a neuroscience major. My overall gpa is 3.3 and my science is about a 3.1. I studied for the MCAT for 8 months but after taking some practice test decided that I did not have the score to get into the USA med schools. I have great EC and letters of rec. I was thinking of switching to pharmacy but I really can not see myself doing that field. I am applying and taking my PCAT in the mean time as a backup. I was wondering what are the best Caribbean school that don't require mcat, or hahah take a pcat instead (longshot) :laugh:

I can't imagine this being serious, but...

I don't think any medical school, even one in the Caribbean will take a PCAT instead of MCAT. If they did, it would be a degree mill only out for your money.

Just take some time and do some post-bac work, and study for the MCAT. DO schools have grade replacement and you will not have to jump through hoops for a residency.

And a note: if you can see yourself doing something other than medicine, do it. Don't make the investment if you're not committed.

Being committed doesn't necessarily mean you have be able to do only medicine. Fact is, if medical compensation was cut by 75% you will find a lot of people suddenly discovering that they could see themselves doing another line of work.

People say that medicine has to be a life calling. It doesn't, it can just be a job, just make sure you are good at your job.

You only did a practice test. You haven't even taken the real MCAT yet. Just study harder and take it. If you score about 24 or 25, you might have a shot at some DO schools. If you don't get in the first time, do some extra science courses or a post-bac, or retake your MCAT if you have to. Try at least twice to get into a US school before considering the Caribbean.