Best CL fellowships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
erm if there is longitudinal care it is not C/L! many clinics end up providing longitudinal care but this is not by design and is explicitly not consultation-liaison! The whole point of a consultation model is you are a consultant to another service who is responsible for the management of your patient and implementing your recommendations.

While this is true strictly speaking, there are a number of situations where the psychiatrist plays a role in the long-term outpatient management of problems like HIV and transplantation but is not the team leader. Programs with a strong CL program will usually employ CL-trained psychiatrists in this position. Speaking to the OP's goals, you would definitely benefit from CL training if you wanted to work in such an outpatient setting, especially at an academic center. This is definitely not cash private practice, however. The patients in such clinics are mostly low SES. You should consider Columbia, which has a very strong CL program with a lot of integration with HIV and transplant medicine, at both inpatient and outpatient levels.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow.

A lot of very informative posts. Thanks. This thread has made me lean towards CL Fellowship. I really think working with patients that have medical conditions, such as transplant, oncology, etc. would be fascinating.

Splik, you mentionned GWU/UW/Columbia being top dogs in CL. Any other programs you (or anyone else) can recommend for CL?

Thanks!

PS. I think I would prefer heavier inpatient CL vs. outpatient...