Best classes to take while....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted577188

I'll done with all official medical school pre-reqs (besides biochem) by the end of this semester when I complete my sophomore year. Next semester I don't know exactly what I should take... It's between micro w/lab, physiology, biochemistry, and molecular genetics. I think I can fit three of them in with a non-science class or 2 of the 4 with analytical chemistry and a minor 1 or 2 credit hour class. It's very possible that I'll be trying to study either bio, gen chem or the social sciences for the MCAT since I'm 2-3 years removed from these classes. My question is which 2 or 3 of those classes should I take next semester?

Members don't see this ad.

I think biochem and genetics will give the biggest return on investment in terms of fulfilling additional requisite courses/recommended courses as listed in the MSAR. I took the old MCAT, so I'm not sure in that regard. I'm taking micro w/ lab this coming semester and biochem in Fall 2015 (I'm applying this June).

However, things change.

Basically, pick whatever you want/are most interested in. They're all 'relevant' material in some respect.

Members don't see this ad :)
Physiology helped me the most so far in school. Cell biology and genetics were helpful too. I cant speak for biochem or micro since I didnt take them in undergrad but I had no problem in med school with them.