Best Conceptual physics and experimental bs passages-BESDIES BERKELY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phk1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I am retaking the mcat, and I am looking for some advice for which passages to pratice. The first time around, I did berkely review, gold standard, wiki premed and all the aamc fl test...however on the actual mcat, I got screwed on the Ps and I couldn't follow some of the experimental bs passages. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with princeton or kaplan material? Ideally, I would like Ps pasages that have multiple concepts woven in together, as berkely usually just focuses on one concept per passage. also, if anyone knows where to find experimental bio passages that make you think critically, that would be awesome!! Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

If you want a strong foundation to begin your journey, I highly recommend NOVA Physics as a start up. Shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to complete the book. If you have more time, then utilize other resources like coursesaver - I haven't seen anyone present Optics/Lens as good as him. You can cram his videos in 3-4 days.

I really wish I had time to use TBR, but I was taking too many summer classes and working part-time. From what I've seen, those that use BOTH content and ALL the passages (making sure you understand their explanation) -- I haven't found a single person get less than a 12 with that approach. My only concern with TBR is, like others have mentioned, it's great for polishing your understanding and for someone who lacks that foundation, it's very easy to get lost in the details, so you have to be very careful there. I'd approximate it taking an additional 2-3 weeks to complete based on your pace. At the very least, TBR PS has the best practice material, followed by TPRH workbook (again, based on what I've seen recommended here).

You have to be careful to balance your time with all areas though, so don't forget there's 4 other sections calling your attention. GC is a great way to boost your PS score if you're struggling with Physics.
EDIT: Sorry, seen you already did TBR. Maybe give NOVA and TPRH a go. Both a great resources (although TPRH has more way passages). Kaplan FL's might be a little helpful too.

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to give princeton a shot. One questions though- what's GC?