Best CP only residency programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cim2phat4u

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which CP-only programs are regarded as top tier?

Please don't change the topic to be about how unemployable or waste of time CP-only is. I'm just looking for general opinions on the best programs, and in particular, why those programs are good. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Medical biology in France is fairly good.
There are also programs in Canada in med micro, clinical biochem and hemepath.

Edit: since you asked for top tier programs, I would aim for Toronto, Vancouver or McGill in Canada, and for one of the parisian universities in France where most CPs are MDs and not pharmacists (since CP AKA medical biology is opened to pharmacists in a lot of European countries).

Members don't see this ad :)
Look for programs that consistently get CP-only residents and have a dedicated (separate) program. From my (dated) experience, the top programs were (not in order):
MGH
WashU
Brigham Womens
UPenn
Yale

Mayo has a relatively new CP-only track; depending on your interest (primarily research versus academic CP) it may be worth a look. Great fellowship opportunities and world-class CP labs.

Anybody got a list of CP-only programs in general / which programs offer the CP-only track?

Look for programs that consistently get CP-only residents and have a dedicated (separate) program. From my (dated) experience, the top programs were (not in order):
MGH
WashU
Brigham Womens
UPenn
Yale

I would add U. Washington, Stanford and UCSF to this list, especially if one has an interest in genomics.