Best Day!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

discodoctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Although I am only a PGY1 in 8 days PGY2 I have to say I have had some bad and some good days. As you know Family Medicine is awesomely diverse. I would like some people to list what they consider a great day. I had one recently:

5am Got in early could not sleep, (my wife was out of town), I was on ob service. Rounded on all OB moms ( I know the attending's for the babies also) so went to the nursery, did 2 circs then went to a ltcs (scheduled). At 7. Then a lash, then 3 hsg. Went with (same) a very busy OBGYN to office in am (she was also house officer) ran at 10 for svd. Very busy service opt including many colpos and device inserts, lunch on the run to my own FP clinic. Knee inj, couple followups including some well childs that I delivered! Then, nurses call from upstairs: can I come back for a svd? Only one there gown up ready to go feeling not only confident but ready for any problems (I've done 60 now in my 2nd month) attending came in and let me go normal delivery sd of placenta then back to waiting pt in clinic. Punch biopsy of nevus irregular. Chill for the rest of op. I have to say I have had much more hectic days but just a great day, and I am not interested in OB! I know I love family med and am a bit biased but I have to say after a year in family med I could not imagine any other field.
Just like to hear of a good day from you and your situation.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like the resident clinic at your program is more like what I wish ours was!

In one day last week I admitted and discharged from the inpatient medicine floor, followed a panel patient in labor, ended up being Peds team in her C-section, admitted baby. It was a good day.

For whatever reason, our clinic is completely dysfunctional and a total disappointment. Almost nothing but boring chronic dz. mgmt. of horribly non-compliant patients. We are currently 4-5000 patients over what we can technically "handle".

Word up true family med! I loved reading these :) I look forward to awesome days like this in the next 3 years!