Best GRE resource?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych84

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would you guys suggest?

I've heard Kaplan is good?

In cases where the Subject test is needed as well, how do you suggest studying for that portion?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you referring to self-study resources, or classes?

For self-study, I would first go to ETS products for the general test, as they have the most realistic practice tests. Like this (GRE). Supplement with Kaplan, Princeton Review or other resources (I know Barron's had a pretty solid flash card pack back when I took it) as needed.

For the Psych Subject, Princeton Review's Cracking the Psych GRE worked very well for me. If you're looking for an outstanding score, however, don't overlook the value of re-note taking your way through an intro to psychology textbook.

I found NOVA pretty good for the math section...

(http://www.amazon.com/GRE-Math-Prep...&qid=1407071598&sr=8-1&keywords=NOVA+math+gre)

...it is a little lengthy but with the self-assessment at the beginning a person could target their weaker areas.

I second E.T.S. materials (online tests and book) and Cracking the Psyche G.R.E. I've never heard anything bad about Manhattan G.R.E.

There are a lot of places online to find free pdfs. of these books. My reccomendation (well, this is what I did) would be to find out what's out there and sample a little bit of each to find which resources you are most comfortable with. Definitely include E.T.S. materials though.

For vocabulary there are countless G.R.E. study sets on Quizlet.

Best of luck!