Best material for PAT, reading, and QR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So I'm trying to figure out what's the best material for the sections I mentioned in the title. Like I need a LOT of material to practice these. What's the best for each one? I heard for PAT, use dat bootcamp, since it has a lot of practice tests and generators. Is crack dat worth buying too? For reading I've heard read scientific articles every day but I feel like I could do more. And same for QR I feel like I need to find good every day material, for all these sections in general. Could you guys help me out and give me advice??

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

PAT- DAT Bootcamp is spot on, don't waste money on Crack the DAT.

Reading- DAT Bootcamp is harder than the real exam and will prepare you well. Reading a scientific article once a day will also help.

QR- I suggest Math Destroyer from Orgoman. It will destroy you but you will learn enough of the basics in order to score well.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

Reactions: 1 users
PAT- DAT Bootcamp is spot on, don't waste money on Crack the DAT.

Reading- DAT Bootcamp is harder than the real exam and will prepare you well. Reading a scientific article once a day will also help.

QR- I suggest Math Destroyer from Orgoman. It will destroy you but you will learn enough of the basics in order to score well.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

Awesome, thanks for the info! For math destroyer, is it just practice problems just like the other destroyer for the sciences. Is math destroyer really that good though, or do you think I could substitute it with something else? And for the reading, does it work that I basically do all the practice reading exams or does it include more than just exams for the reading section?

Awesome, thanks for the info! For math destroyer, is it just practice problems just like the other destroyer for the sciences. Is math destroyer really that good though, or do you think I could substitute it with something else? And for the reading, does it work that I basically do all the practice reading exams or does it include more than just exams for the reading section?

Math Destroyer is just practice problems but they force you to learn how to solve them. I have heard of people using a cheap SAT Math book and doing just fine as well.

Bootcamp is just practice exams and a list of techniques. I took 4 practice exams and that's all I did to study for Reading. It forces you to learn which strategy is best for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

The Math Destroyer is composed of 40 problem sets that allows you to time yourself. . The Math Destroyer will challenge you for time just like the actual DAT. If you can master the Math Destroyer and do ALL the work in the book you should be very prepared come test day. Schools are a little more forgiving on a lower QR score than on the science sections but it is still best to shoot for at least an 18.

Hope that answers your question, if not feel free to message me.

take care..Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
-CDP for PAT, version with 10 tests, take 1 or 2 a week.
-For reading, I made almost no effort to prepare other than reading a lot of books when I was a kid/teen. I tried the RC section on DAT Bootcamp, but Twas significantly challenging IMO compared to the DAT.
-For QR, practice your basic algebra to algebra II. Speed is more important than broadness of knowledge. Buy Chad's math videos and it'll help. Most of that section is simple, but it goes by fast so be able to quickly calculate simple number conversions, etc.
I agree with what you said about chad's math videos. It's all I used and I scored a 20 on QR. I am sure you heard that the math on the DAT is not difficult. The time constraints on the section is like kryptonite. I liked Chad's math videos because he shows you dozens of shortcuts and teaches you how to really calculate things quickly.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree with what you said about chad's math videos. Tis all I used and I scored a 20 on QR. I am sure you heard that the math on the DAT is not difficult. The time constraints on the section is like kryptonite. I liked Chad's math videos because he shows you dozens of shortcuts and teaches you how to really calculate things quickly.
Do you gotta watch all of chads videos for QR or are there only certain ones?

Do you gotta watch all of chads videos for QR or are there only certain ones?

I mean, might as well watch them all. You're buying them, so it would be foolish not to watch all the videos that you bought. That's like asking if you should watch all of chads orgo videos after spending $75 on them...