Best material for verbal reasoning???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

What is the best material for boosting your verbal reasoning score and helping you succeed with that section of the test?

I know examkrackers 101 passages is good, anything else that rly helps for practice?

Members don't see this ad.

Reading things about stuff thats already been said tons of time seems to increase your score.

On the real note, BR verbal for timing pracice & TPRH VW and Ek101 is really all of it.

I agree with the user above. TPRH verbal, and EK. I've also read TS verbal that you buy on Amazon but I haven't tried it yet.

1. AAMC passages (No test prep company is exactly like AAMC.)
2. TPRH VR Workbook
3. A tie between Kaplan/EK/GS

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I used examkrackers 101 and still ended up with a terrible score.

I bought Berkeley but I heard the verbal is terrible.

What do you recommend? Since I did the examkrackers 101, which are your top verbal books to practice besides examkrackers?
(I bought Berkeley as well as Princeton Review workbook. Should I also buy kaplan?) Thank you.

I started off with EK101 but ditched it after because it just annoyed me too much. I just don't like the way they word their questions. May be it's just me.
I'd recommend TPRH verbal workbook. I rarely find myself disagreeing with their answers. Their passages also seem more dull/MCAT-like to me.

definitely don't use gold standard. they are the worst by far. Berkeley review comes in close for second worst (but their science is legit). id say Princeton is the best commercial prep source. nothing beats the aamc though.

So I should still redo the aamc exams before my real test date although I've done them a couple of months ago?

And great thank you! I am going to try the Princeton verbal but I feel like I'll run out of verbal passages before test day. What else would you recommend? Kaplan or Berkely. (I honestly don't know why people would give Berkeley verbal such a bad rating. I thought they were one of the best?)

Hello,
Are AAMC passages accessible via their public site without paying?
Any other freely available material targetting 2015 MCAT?

1. AAMC passages (No test prep company is exactly like AAMC.)
2. TPRH VR Workbook
3. A tie between Kaplan/EK/GS