Best Pain conference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunflower66

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Was just wondering if anyone knows of the most reputable Pain conference? I submitted an abstract to couple of places and both got accepted. I actually wanted to submit to American Pain Society and American Academy of Pain Medicine, but their deadlines are still coming up.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I found APS to be very academic and more geared towards basic science/bench research... really not applicable to me personally as either a physiatrist or pain medicine doc

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an octagon? How else do you settle debates?

Nice one Steve. Very funny.

To the OP, who I think is looking for the most reputable conference for his abstract, not the best one for PP docs to attend. In addition to the two you considered I would add ASRA and SIS.

I agree that the least useful conference to attend would be APS.

Are they actually changing the name from ISIS to SIS? The website still says ISIS. I didn't go to the conference so I'm out of the loop...

Thanks . How about the American academy of pain management?

Agree with Steve AAPManagement is a collection of naturopaths, homeopaths, chiropractors, dentists, physical therapists and some MDs that are all over the map on pain therapy and diagnostics. One of their presidents of the organization was a "naturopathic doctor" and another was a dentist. The APS is a great society for rat doctors and physical therapists. It does indeed delve into basic science far more than practical clinical research, although one can learn from the basic science as long as you are not naive enough to make the quantum leap from basic science to clinical practice without clinical studies. ISIS is now officially SIS due to their name being coopted by the new kids on the block terrorists. My preferred name was an unpronounceable symbol that would be referred to as "the organization formerly known as ISIS". In addition, ASIPP, AAPM, NASS, AAPMR, NANS, IARS, and ASRA all have excellent annual meetings, each with a differing flavor of offerings.

Hi,
Was just wondering if anyone knows of the most reputable Pain conference? I submitted an abstract to couple of places and both got accepted. I actually wanted to submit to American Pain Society and American Academy of Pain Medicine, but their deadlines are still coming up.
Thanks

i've been to both of those. between those two, I would definitely choose AAPM. I think it's a great meeting. the conference has multiple tracks. many good learning opportunities although the same people run it every year, and give nearly the same talks. it is frequented by many PDs if that's what you are looking for. they have a resident/fellow event that usually has 8-10 PDs show up with snacks and drinks.

Great, I'll def submit my abstract to AAPM and ASIPP. My attending is actually a member of those and those were the two she recommended. I was looking up AAPManagement and the president and vp are both MDs as well as others, so thought it would be good .

SIS > NASS > AAPMedicine = ASRA > ASIPP

AAPManagement and APS complete wastes of time.