Best PEDO residency for IV sedation. surgical extractions...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Concepcion10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in a PEDO residency that will train me in IV sedation and provide extensive surgical training. Does this exist?

I know the scope of a pedo practice is generally very "volume oriented." However, I am wanting to be able to manage all extractions and if the opportunity presents itself, handle third molars too.

Does anybody do this or know of any Pedos keeping their thirds in house?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am interested in a PEDO residency that will train me in IV sedation and provide extensive surgical training. Does this exist?

I know the scope of a pedo practice is generally very "volume oriented." However, I am wanting to be able to manage all extractions and if the opportunity presents itself, handle third molars too.

Does anybody do this or know of any Pedos keeping their thirds in house?

Thanks

I don't think you're going to find a pedo residency that does too many 3rds...most ppl don't get them out til their 17-20

I laughed when I read the original post. What I see is: "I want to specialize in such-&-such area, but I want to be able to not focus on my specialization & perform money-yeilding procedures." While your at it, get trained to do advanced molar endo & implants