Best practice material?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csx

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
AAMC practice tests not included and verbal not included.

Obviously 'everything' would be best but on a time squeeze what would be best?

I've read TPRSW is good and TBR is good as well.

So far I've heard:
TPRSW bio > TBR
TBR everything else > TPRSW

What does everyone think??

Where does AAMC SA rank among these??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That is all there is to know really... just make sure to put the time in for TPRHSW chemistry and physics every now and then.

Members don't see this ad :)
just concerned AAMC SA is too dated since I heard they were taken from the super old 'R' tests

just concerned AAMC SA is too dated since I heard they were taken from the super old 'R' tests

The tests can vary immensely so I can understand your concern. My last exam was not as hard as the AAMC SA questions for physics and chemistry. The difficulty for biology and organic chemistry was on par with SA. The verbal was not as tough as SA. My experience will definitely be different than yours in terms of intensity. The test overall could be easier or harder when you take it.

Have you tried the official guide?

The tests can vary immensely so I can understand your concern. My last exam was not as hard as the AAMC SA questions for physics and chemistry. The difficulty for biology and organic chemistry was on par with SA. The verbal was not as tough as SA. My experience will definitely be different than yours in terms of intensity. The test overall could be easier or harder when you take it.

Have you tried the official guide?
The official guide #3 destroyed me. I'd get about 40% correct for passage questions and ~75% for freestanding. The OG concerned me though because every question said, on average, only ~50% of people would answer correctly.

The official guide #3 destroyed me. I'd get about 40% correct for passage questions and ~75% for freestanding. The OG concerned me though because every question said, on average, only ~50% of people would answer correctly.

You can expect that same level of difficulty or easier on the real exam. It depends. My exam was easier overall, but there were a couple calculations that were tougher than the official guide. Don't be too freaked out by it, just use it as a learning tool. TBR should help put you in the mind set for physics, chemistry and organic chemistry (main thing is integration passage comprehension with content knowledge). TPRH will help you for the biology (just mainly passage comprehension). Just have faith in the process.

You can expect that same level of difficulty or easier on the real exam. It depends. My exam was easier overall, but there were a couple calculations that were tougher than the official guide. Don't be too freaked out by it, just use it as a learning tool. TBR should help put you in the mind set for physics, chemistry and organic chemistry (main thing is integration passage comprehension with content knowledge). TPRH will help you for the biology (just mainly passage comprehension). Just have faith in the process.
Thanks brother, But that is a LOT of faith lol

Reactions: 1 user