Best practice resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jelly Bones

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Would like advice on the best source of practice passages during content review to consolidate knowledge. I'm planning to keep all AAMC materials until the last few weeks before the exam to gauge my progress as they are the most representative.

Sciences - Either TBR or TPR science workbook. If it's the latter, does anyone know if the new book is different? I have one from my pre-2015 prep course that I could use but not sure if they significantly updated it this year.

CARS - I'm currently using EK101 but I saw conflicting opinions on this. This section is definitely a weak spot for me and the reason I'm re-taking so I'd like to use the most challenging resource that's closest to the exam.

Psyc/Soci - No ideas here, most people say Khan passages suck but there don't seem to be any alternatives out there.

Also, it seems next step have a set of strategy/practice books for each section but I'm not sure if these are worth the investment or not.

I'm mainly studying from Kaplan, but going to get EK for more concise content review and practice.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

It may be still too early for anyone to give you accurate information on the best or better study product for this current version of the test. You may just have to go with a leap of faith. Berkeley and Princeton Review Science workbook, does soon good, but we will not know for sure just yet. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
It may be still too early for anyone to give you accurate information on the best or better study product for this current version of the test. You may just have to go with a leap of faith. Berkeley and Princeton Review Science workbook, does soon good, but we will not know for sure just yet. Good luck.

Thanks for the response. Yeah I agree that it's impossible to know what's specifically useful for the exam at this stage. I think regardless of the exam format, practice during content review is more about consolidating knowledge. MCAT-style questions are more relevant after content review.

Since I won't be registering for a course and my old TPR workbook is full of scribbles, I think I'll stick with BR practice for science in accordance with mcatjelly's schedule.

What's your favorite verbal resource?

The Sciences have not been updated since 2012. They are still amazing resources for prep though.

Reactions: 1 user