Best Preparation Materials for Psyc/Socl?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stressingout

premed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide which company and MCAT books to use in preparing for the new Psyc/Socl section. Kaplan seemed a little bit too detailed, and I'm not sure TPR is comprehensive enough. What would you recommend? Especially those of you that have taken this section and scored really well!

Members don't see this ad.

I just took the April MCAT and I received 85-100% on psyc/soc. I found Kaplan super helpful and detailed for the material. They provided examples as well as definitions with their material that really made me understand and remember the concepts. Their illustrations are also fabulous. Make sure to memorize all theories as well as any lists of theories. Those are always favorites for discrete questions

Reactions: 1 user
I just took the April MCAT and I received 85-100% on psyc/soc. I found Kaplan super helpful and detailed for the material. They provided examples as well as definitions with their material that really made me understand and remember the concepts. Their illustrations are also fabulous. Make sure to memorize all theories as well as any lists of theories. Those are always favorites for discrete questions

Congratulations on your awesome score! So, you didn't think Kaplan was unnecessarily detailed? How long did it take you to get through the book?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on your awesome score! So, you didn't think Kaplan was unnecessarily detailed? How long did it take you to get through the book?

Thank you :) I think it was enough detail to adequately explain all the concepts. I went through the book twice. First time through was a thorough read-through to truly learn it. Then second time was a little less intense(about 4 days for 9+ hours each), but I also typed up a 30 pg outline on MS word for it to help. Read through the outline twice. Also, went back to look at certain stuff ( Freud, conditioning, sleep). The high-yield topics that will definitely be tested. I don't think it was unnecessarily detailed.

Reactions: 1 user