Best PRP supplier

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted185747

I'm looking into doing PRP in office as a cash procedure. What companies are you using? Anyone get a free machine if you buy kits? Are any kits superior to others? What do you pay for the kit and what do you bill the patient? Also; how many sessions do you need for different diagnosis treatment?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

there are a lot of considerations that go into creating best results with regenerative medicine. many factors that play into a good PRP system include the ability to concentrate the platelets (growth factors), purity (RBCs are toxic to some soft tissues e.g. synoviocytes). there are systems out there that suggest that they may be able to control for the concentration of leukocytes as well which has been shown to be of variable benefit/harm depending on the target tissue. the health of your patient plays into it. what you tell them to do before the blood draw is important as well. exercise prior to the blood draw has been shown to reduce platelet derived growth factors, etc etc

Yes, the harvesting system you use can make a big difference. there have been some papers published comparing the output from many of the common systems.

kits generally run around 200-250 dollars depending on system, and volume. most people are charging between 800-1200 for a PRP procedure. less for knees, more for more involved procedures. more if your payor mix can handle it.

another factor that affects your outcomes includes having targeted rehab protocol, which is very important and a lot more useful than generic PT.

oreos,

do you happen to know of any courses that review this information in depth and perhaps provide some education on the PT protocols as well?;)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
www.apexbiologix.com

Richard Rosenthal does classes on PRP and stem cell therapy. It seems like half of the classes are near his home in Park City and half are all over the country. I don't know if they are any good. I have gone to a couple of other classes that he teaches and thought that they were good.

www.apexbiologix.com

Richard Rosenthal does classes on PRP and stem cell therapy. It seems like half of the classes are near his home in Park City and half are all over the country. I don't know if they are any good. I have gone to a couple of other classes that he teaches and thought that they were good.

But that other guy teaching really know his stuff. And does WC.