Best SAT practice books?

Doctorman45342

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be taking the Chemistry and Math 1&2 soon here. What are the best SAT review books for these sections?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh. I was going to say if not, focus on the course first, reviewing later.
BUT- since that is the case I am of no help to you... So sorry!

Why? Because textbooks give you the most basic understanding of topics you need to answer any question, especially for math and chem

It's the foundation, if you don't have a foundation, you really have nothing.

It's the foundation, if you don't have a foundation, you really have nothing.
Haha, well I have taken college level Calculus and Chemistry that exceeds that which is tested on the SAT so now I think it is time to narrow my scope down to the specific topics tested on the SAT since I have already built my "foundation."

So back to my original question, what are some good test prep materials?

Haha, well I have taken college level Calculus and Chemistry that exceeds that which is tested on the SAT so now I think it is time to narrow my scope down to the specific topics tested on the SAT since I have already built my "foundation."

So back to my original question, what are some good test prep materials?

Don't know about chemistry since i'll be doing biology but for Maths 2 i recommend you get Barrons. It contains material that is harder than the actual exam but it prepares you really well. I personally haven't used the book yet (but i have it) but my friends have and they say it was really useful.

Btw why are you taking both Maths level 1 and 2? Maths level 2 will show colleges your aptitude for maths rather than level 1 as it's essentially the same level of maths as the maths portion of SAT I. Plus i'm sure you'll be capable of doing well in Level 2 considering you've already taken college level calculus as level 2 is essentially pre-cal.

Don't know about chemistry since i'll be doing biology but for Maths 2 i recommend you get Barrons. It contains material that is harder than the actual exam but it prepares you really well. I personally haven't used the book yet (but i have it) but my friends have and they say it was really useful.

Btw why are you taking both Maths level 1 and 2? Maths level 2 will show colleges your aptitude for maths rather than level 1 as it's essentially the same level of maths as the maths portion of SAT I. Plus i'm sure you'll be capable of doing well in Level 2 considering you've already taken college level calculus as level 2 is essentially pre-cal.
I am kind of a weird situation. I am applying to medical school overseas and they only consider SAT scores, nothing from previous colleges. I need to have 7 sections of the SAT completed in order to apply so I am just going to take math 1 and 2 along with chemistry, physics, bio, literature, and something else I have not decided yet.

I got a very good score on the biology SAT, and just used the Barron's review book from my AP Biology class. Maybe you could try using the Barron's from Chemistry. Best of luck.

Barron's all the way!!! I'm in 10th currently and i recently took both the Math II and the Chemistry test and i received a 760 and a 790 so yes i definitely recommend the Barron's prep material. Just a few facts about the books so if you do purchase them you wont be freaked out. For the Sat Math II it is known that the Barron's book over prepares you for the test usually Most people that get a 620 or higher end up getting 720 plus on the real thing, although I cannot say the same for the Chemistry prep book. Anyways good luck with getting into medical school.

When I was in high school, way back when, I preferred Barrons for Biology and Chemistry, maybe some Princeton Review along with it. If you know your AP material well, then SAT II really can't throw you anything that you shouldn't be able to answer.