Best shoes for retail pharmacists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm00123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need to get some new shoes for my new job as a retail pharmacist. Any advice on shoes that are best for your knees and your back? I worked 1 shift and wore my regular dress shoes and when I got home my legs were absolutely killing me!!! I know having bad shoes can cause long term problems so I don't mind spending a bit more now.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Klogs have been the best shoe for me feet. Feet are different on everyone, you might have to try some different types of shoes until you find the best one for you.

Black Nike Air and ignore everyone else.

I wonder what the clinical and hospital pharmacists wear.
images

Reactions: 4 users
I once, during a rain storm, severely sprung my ankle wearing crocs while running/jumping away from a gasoline explosion I inadvertently caused.

I'll bite....I would like to hear more about this (unless it involved beans!)

I'll bite....I would like to hear more about this (unless it involved beans!)

Well, many moons ago I owned some rental property. I had a construction worker that looked and acted like he was straight out of "my name is earl." I was paying him for a job in gas, yes - you read that right. I paid his assistant in beer. Anyway, he was using an ill advised container for the gas (an old laundry soap bottle. Anyway, I was sitting there in the old WWII style Jeep truck as he filled his tank with the laundry bottle we had just topped off at the gas station. There was a good rain storm going. I got bored and was lighting a piece of paper on fire in the truck because I like staring into flames (haha, nooot a good sign.) The paper began to burn me and I threw it out of the truck onto the ground. Little did I know, but he had been spilling the gas as he filled the truck. Wouldn't have been a problem, except that the rain had spread the gas around to the entire area. Everything went up in flames, including the truck. I ran and knocked the can out of his hands. He threw me into a nearby bush because I was now on fire. I got up and began to run from what could have been a rather large explosion. I jumped across the ditch towards his house, and nearly broke my foot when the croc I was wearing couldn't keep traction in the mud. My friend, who was nuts, put the cap back on his gas tank in the midst of the flames. (unvented old gas tank,) the unvented tank eventually stopped having fire in it without exploding. My buddy took me to the hospital for my ankle and I was on crutches for a few weeks. Those were my white trash days.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, many moons ago I owned some rental property. I had a construction worker that looked and acted like he was straight out of "my name is earl." I was paying him for a job in gas, yes - you read that right. I paid his assistant in beer. Anyway, he was using an ill advised container for the gas (an old laundry soap bottle. Anyway, I was sitting there in the old WWII style Jeep truck as he filled his tank with the laundry bottle we had just topped off at the gas station. There was a good rain storm going. I got bored and was lighting a piece of paper on fire in the truck because I like staring into flames (haha, nooot a good sign.) The paper began to burn me and I threw it out of the truck onto the ground. Little did I know, but he had been spilling the gas as he filled the truck. Wouldn't have been a problem, except that the rain had spread the gas around to the entire area. Everything went up in flames, including the truck. I ran and knocked the can out of his hands. He threw me into a nearby bush because I was now on fire. I got up and began to run from what could have been a rather large explosion. I jumped across the ditch towards his house, and nearly broke my foot when the croc I was wearing couldn't keep traction in the mud. My friend, who was nuts, put the cap back on his gas tank in the midst of the flames. (unvented old gas tank,) the unvented tank eventually stopped having fire in it without exploding. My buddy took me to the hospital for my ankle and I was on crutches for a few weeks. Those were my white trash days.

TY! Most entertaining thing I've seen on the internet tonight (the BM & 5MIN catfight has grown quite boring.) I'm glad you & friends survived. Ha, and I learned something, I
d never have thought about rain spreading gas around.

High arch?
Normal?
Flat feet?

Get your feet measured and evaluated at some place that does custom orthotics or special shoes or something. Good Feet store, Relax the Back store, a specialty running shoe store... then look for a shoe that truly fits you.
Run.
Bike.
Work your core, stretch, do lunges, crunches, move, dance, bob around at work... keep your knees moving. Decompress on breaks and lunch by sitting or stretching. Even 1 minute every 30min to turn around sit on the counter, and make a goofy face at the techs will work wonders to decompress and relube your knees.

I wonder what the clinical and hospital pharmacists wear.
images

who told you?? I literally have a pair of slippers, not quite that hideous, but some $5 walmart slippers nonetheless.

Reactions: 1 user