Best Step II Question Banks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the prodogy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I used USMLEWorld and COMQuest for studying for the USMLE/COMLEX step I. I was wondering if these were also the "gold standard" when it came for step II or if there were any better question banks out there.

Thanks

Also, any tips on how to tackle step 2 would help out a lot

Members don't see this ad.

I had a pretty significant jump in step 2 compared to step one. Its definitely more clinical. Savarese for the OMM...hit it hard a few days before the test. I used secrets and boards and wards as well as the first aid. My fiancee used step up step 2 book. The bw and secrets is good for really quick review (i crushed secrets in three days). My fiance swore by crush as well...which is part of the reason i am using it for step three. Some people like MTB. Its all personal preference but i listed major sources that are commonly used.

Hi,

I used USMLEWorld and COMQuest for studying for the USMLE/COMLEX step I. I was wondering if these were also the "gold standard" when it came for step II or if there were any better question banks out there.

Thanks

Also, any tips on how to tackle step 2 would help out a lot

Use USMLEWorld for your knowledge base on Step II, then supplement it with COMQUEST to prepare for the oddball/OMM COMLEX II questions. You can't go wrong with those two + Savarese.

Along with these, i was looking for one book source for review. I didn't want to have too many resources. What are the recommendations? Are courses worth it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm wondering the same thing. I bought Step Up to Step 2 and secrets. Any other book recommendations or are these two solid for studying? For Qbanks, I was thinking of doing UWorld now and Comquest later.

Any input on these resources? Thank you all.

Bump

I'm flipping through crush step 2 from my hospital's library and it doesn't seem much different from what I already wrote in my FA book. I've also found a few errors in 2012 FA and hear that 2013 is supposed to be revised a good bit.

Anyone have any thoughts, about anything?

Don't want to just pass--shooting for 90th%